Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was wondering wich one is the best? Does they make much noise ? i want to buy a dual exhaust but the noise must be aceptable and not to loud!

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
All 3 have quiet cores, all 3 are good exhausts. All 3 make good power. Which one is best is a question that has been asked at least a hundred times here, the answer is that there isn't one set that is clearly head and shoulders above the others and that personal opinion is the biggest factor in the set you choose to go with.

A quick search should turn up a few days worth of reading material for you, but as always I'm sure there will be some members along in a bit to share their opinions again. Repetitive a topic as it might be it's always a popular one.

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Look two stickys above where you posted...this is covered numerous times on here. Just take some time to search around.

And yes they make noise. You are taking a stock exhaust out to make a higher flowing one. Can't really have the best of both worlds. There is always the option of the quiet core. I recommend some research on here. I'm sure you'll find everything you need to know.

·
Registered
94 Posts
They are all close and opinions vary....I would go off of what you think looks better and the cheapest. Barkers and DMC's are usually the favorites. But just search and make up your own mind.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Monster has alot of options so check it out, I love mine i want the new ones!

·
Registered
400 Posts
All 3 have quiet cores, all 3 are good exhausts. All 3 make good power. Which one is best is a question that has been asked at least a hundred times here, the answer is that there isn't one set that is clearly head and shoulders above the others and that personal opinion is the biggest factor in the set you choose to go with.

A quick search should turn up a few days worth of reading material for you, but as always I'm sure there will be some members along in a bit to share their opinions again. Repetitive a topic as it might be it's always a popular one.
Good points and good advise, BUT, while the barkers make good power and are a pretty well built product. There fit and install SUCK!!! I have seen lots of differant kinds of exhaust and barkers is the worst for fit. The DMC seem to be really easy to install and fit just right and the mount for the mufflers is welded on and not some stupid little strap. When Im done with my other modds I will sell them and buy the dmc. I hate the way these barkers fit. JMO!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Monster duals have the big bore option which have shown a performance advantage over the others from a big 3 set-up to a heavily modified raptor. It all depends on what your looking for... I have the standard Barker duals and I am very satisfied with looks, sound and performance but opinons will vary on each set of duals... If I were to do it all over again I would go with the new Monster big bores:) JMO

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I have the Barkers. The install isn't hard or horrible as far as fitment. The only changes I had to make for perfect fit, took literally 7 mins. On the left (clutch side of quad), I added some heat tape to some wires, and tie strapped them down. On the right (brake side of quad), I ran exhaust wrap closer towards the mufflers. It's because I'm running a Fuel Customs, oversized box, and with the additional pipe there, the heat could have caused melting or warping to my air box. I love the way they sound. The only other pipes I would have considered are the DMC's, but I honestly like the look of the Barker's more. Hope this was helpful

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Monster duals have the big bore option which have shown a performance advantage over the others from a big 3 set-up to a heavily modified raptor. It all depends on what your looking for... I have the standard Barker duals and I am very satisfied with looks, sound and performance but opinons will vary on each set of duals... If I were to do it all over again I would go with the new Monster big bores:) JMO
To add, Barker's make big bore duals as well. Looks close enough to drag pipes to me, and should really add some gain to the right set-up. :eek:

·
Registered
66 Posts
if you decide to get the DMC duals, make sure when you install the LEFT pipe that it doesn't sit on your starter or burn the wires that come out of your starter. I wrapped both exhaust wrap to minimize the heat so it doesn't burn my wires. DMC that i have sound great

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
if i install dmc duals, does it suck to ride without fuel management? or should i just buy the whole package?
Just buy the whole package....anytime you change ur air coming in and going out ur gonna need a fuel controller, cause the raptor does not have a closed loop system....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts