Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a picture of the duals dmc force 4s?
The worrys Im having are the headers since they go on both sides of the engine,is this a problem?
And what can you tell me about the black muffler? Does it hold on good even when getting it covered with mud or do they chip off like the big guns?

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Here are some pics, the only thing you need to do is put some heat tape around your stator wires and zip tie them out of the way on the drivers side.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
I wear full length boots, so I don't have an issue with my leg getting hot, even if you don't wear boots I woudn't think it would be an issue, however if it is, someone should weigh in, there are enough dmc exhausts on bikes on this forum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You can burn your leg if your night wearing high enough boots. I have once...and that is all it took to learn. You have to be all the way slid back on the seat to do it...at least that is how it happened to me.

As for do they come in black yes you can buy force 4s with black cans..

Pm me I might have a set of black ceramic coated force 4s for sale soon.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Does anybody have a picture of the duals dmc force 4s?
The worrys Im having are the headers since they go on both sides of the engine,is this a problem?
And what can you tell me about the black muffler? Does it hold on good even when getting it covered with mud or do they chip off like the big guns?

Any type of coating will chip off once rocks and dirt starts hitting the finish over a period of time. You will not experience a problem with headers that go on both sides of the engine. Most companies who make dual exhaust are pretty close to perfection. (Barker/DMC)

KB Motorsports

·
Registered
594 Posts
Here are some pics, the only thing you need to do is put some heat tape around your stator wires and zip tie them out of the way on the drivers side.
Are the zip ties thick enough to with stand the heat? Do you think fiber glass exhaust wrap will be enough to protect the stator wires? If not can you send me a link to the heat tape your using.

Thx

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Are the zip ties thick enough to with stand the heat? Do you think fiber glass exhaust wrap will be enough to protect the stator wires? If not can you send me a link to the heat tape your using.

Thx
The exhaust tape I used I bought at Autozone, it's just the silver stuff, about 1/16th thick, and I haven't had any issues with the tie wraps, I used them to pretty much secure the heat tape.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i got the force 4's in black and they don't burn at all. the sell a wrap in different colors at pepboys or any auto store that you can cover the headers with that keep in the heat. they use the wrap in cars but the name slipped my mind. i ride in mud every weekend and the paint hasn't chipped at all..

·
Registered
594 Posts
Ok Thx, I'll check there.

Can you post a pic raptorse07

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
I put cool tape on the wires coming out of the case and then zip tied them back and nothing has melted. I have burn my pants and boot on the pipe but like the other guy said it's when you put your leg all the way back so it dosn't happen all the time.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Yea, I have some left over from when I did my R6 exhaust, Thx

1 - 20 of 28 Posts