Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im ready to buy an exhaust and iv been looking at all the threads. it seems the new barkers are prefered by most. i was wondering if anyone knows how much the barkers ltes, dmcs and stock exhausts weight. also what are the decible readings on all three. im leaning towards the barkers also but the weight and db readings could change my mind. i want loud and light.

·
Registered
305 Posts
donoair said:
im ready to buy an exhaust and iv been looking at all the threads. it seems the new barkers are prefered by most. i was wondering if anyone knows how much the barkers ltes, dmcs and stock exhausts weight. also what are the decible readings on all three. im leaning towards the barkers also but the weight and db readings could change my mind. i want loud and light.
I know they all have quiet cores out that will drop the db's if needed. I have also heard that the duals are not the loudest pipes. Probley due to the fact that only half the flow comming out of each exhasut as a single. The Dmc's have the db's on their website. The barkers are brand new and are getting alot of talk because of that. I dont think many if any acutally have the barkers installed yet. The LTE's have been out for a while and im sure you heard about the fitment issuses. DMC's are in the middle of the spectrum. Good power but on the low end of the spectrum compaired to the others. All exhaust i believ weight more then stock. But the weight isnt that much. I wouldnt let that play into it. Looks, fitment, quality, price and HP are probley the biggest things to worry about. Put those in the order it matter to you the most and you should have a winner.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
If your looking for just loud and light you might want to think about a single exhaust system.

Ron woods makes a great performing pipe for the 700, its lighter than the duals, and its loud.

·
Registered
305 Posts
techquadshop said:
If your looking for just loud and light you might want to think about a single exhaust system.

Ron woods makes a great performing pipe for the 700, its lighter than the duals, and its loud.
agreed for sound a weight

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, horsepower is my #1. weight and db are just secondarys. ltes dont fit right and dmcs dont have the hp the barkers do. does anyone have a barker sound clip? how bout dmc or lte sound clip. i heard the barkers are hitting 104 db. that may be a rumor.

·
Registered
113 Posts
was checking out the exhuast like you.

just sold my 660 to my son and bought the 2007 SE. It was a real toss up between the Big gun as a single and the duals, I ride both mountains and beach so the exhaust was a problem...if you trail ride mostly stick with a single my sugestion is either white brothers or big gun both worthy pipes, if you ride sand, climb's and drag go with a dual, LTE or Barkers, weight with the pipes realy isn't a issue... do your research ( just look past the bling) make some calls and read this forum lot's of great info here, but most of all spen your money wisely.....:)

·
Registered
305 Posts
donoair said:
yes, horsepower is my #1. weight and db are just secondarys. ltes dont fit right and dmcs dont have the hp the barkers do. does anyone have a barker sound clip? how bout dmc or lte sound clip. i heard the barkers are hitting 104 db. that may be a rumor.
Alot is rumors so far on the barkers. As they bearly came out. Hasnt been enought time for members to actually install them, dyno them and take them out riding. Wait a few more weeks and a few people will have then fully tested. Until then there is only 1-3 people that can really tell you about them, and the rest is rumors. Also the few that do have them are the makers. So add that to the info your getting.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
very good point. im still sold on the barkers. is there a long wait for them?? i know the ltes have a 2or3 week wait

·
Registered
669 Posts
Had my motor built by kenz and they sead my power curve would of been a lot better with a set of lte's. I love the way the dmc's sound but i will hold out for the summer to see what time brings in the world of pipes

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
iv heard the more motor mods you have the better the barkers will be because of the power they make at higher rpm's. as much as 5 hp more than the ltes. but i havent seen any real proof yet.

·
Registered
305 Posts
donoair said:
iv heard the more motor mods you have the better the barkers will be because of the power they make at higher rpm's. as much as 5 hp more than the ltes. but i havent seen any real proof yet.
LOL. All parts work hand in hand. A cam will make power when added. But a cam will make more power when added if you already have a high compression piston and a ported and polished head. Then the difference will be alot more HP when the cam is added. With any set of Duals on the flow is going to be great. The barkers im sure make the most HP (if what they claim is true). Im not doubting that, and barkers make a good product so the quailty is going to be good also. I think it will be a great exhaust, but there will be even more dual exhausts comming out soon. And every time one comes out its going to be the big shit at that time. (same happend when the LTE's came out, then DMC and now...) 3 months later something new will come out. Right now Barkers are the new big thing. But before the numbers and hype gets to everyones head lets wait untilt they been out long enough to find the problems, use them and dyno them. Then we have somthing to go by.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Could not say it any better integlikewhoa :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
donoair said:
very good point. im still sold on the barkers. is there a long wait for them?? i know the ltes have a 2or3 week wait
I can get barkers shipped to you either same day or the day after you order.

·
Registered
868 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
PSMSandRap said:
got them put on tonight...no re-mapping done yet.

here is a video. They are low and beefy sounding and I LOVE IT :grin_nod:

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/powerstrokeme/06 Raptor/?action=view&current=100_1239.flv

The workmanship is top notch and these things flow the same as the out of frames and the 660 duals so there shouldnt be any comparison.

For singles I would recommend Ron Woods or Curtis Sparks
For comparison sake here's a link to the DMC's

http://s128.photobucket.com/albums/...tion=view&current=raptor_with_dmcduals004.flv

On a side note, I've done a fair bit of searching I have yet to find any substance to the argument that Barkers and for that matter LTE's out perform DMC's.

I'm of course biased towards the DMC's 'cause that what I've got and I couldn't be happier with them. For what it's worth my Bike went from 39.2 to 51.8hp with 50hp and 45hp still on tap @ 7000 and 8000rpm respectively.

Can anyone point me in the direction of examples showing that LTE's out perform.

If I'm correct there are no Barker results to speak of so why's everyone going ballistic over them, or is it just hype/sheep kinda thing going on.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Barker's out of frames and 660 pipes have been out for a long time so I am just saying that the in frames will be the same performance-wise as those. I am not making a comparison to any other brands, just what Barker already has out on the market.

I have always liked the clean look of the barkers but I didnt want them sticking out of the frame...so thats why I waited for the in frames.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PSMSandRap said:
got them put on tonight...no re-mapping done yet.

here is a video. They are low and beefy sounding and I LOVE IT :grin_nod:

http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/powerstrokeme/06 Raptor/?action=view&current=100_1239.flv

The workmanship is top notch and these things flow the same as the out of frames and the 660 duals so there shouldnt be any comparison.

For singles I would recommend Ron Woods or Curtis Sparks
thanks for the info psmsandrat. they do sound awsome and i could get used to the look. how much did u give for them and where did u get them??

·
Registered
868 Posts
I got them from Terry at Geisick Performance...Great guy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Give him a call (970) 768-7168 and he will work a deal with you. 8)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts