Raptor Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
sanbullet said:
baker in frames do not have the same power as barker out of frame
I would assume they'd put out less power. probably not by much. But, w/ pipe bends come flow restrictions.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Krandall said:
sanbullet said:
I would assume they'd put out less power. probably not by much. But, w/ pipe bends come flow restrictions.
Flow resctions are now always a bad thing. I am sure they don't put out the same power, but I would like to see some hard data showing the differnce if you have them sanbullet.

·
Registered
305 Posts
pile0g00 said:
Krandall said:
sanbullet said:
Flow resctions are now always a bad thing. I am sure they don't put out the same power, but I would like to see some hard data showing the differnce if you have them sanbullet.
The HP and torque will be less with the infarmes. Barker said so himself. But im sure its not enough for the butt dyno to feel it. Same as switching from dmc's or LTE's to barker exhasut for HP reasons. Not enough for the butt dyno. Looks going to play more of a roll in my decision.

·
Registered
338 Posts
This is a great thread.I've listenened to both the DMC'S and barker dual exhaust systems and think the I prefer the DMC sound.Anyone know the dyno test between the two for HP ? :3question:Great video on the quads for exhaust!!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
integlikewhoa said:
donoair said:
iv heard the more motor mods you have the better the barkers will be because of the power they make at higher rpm's. as much as 5 hp more than the ltes. but i havent seen any real proof yet.
LOL. All parts work hand in hand. A cam will make power when added. But a cam will make more power when added if you already have a high compression piston and a ported and polished head. Then the difference will be alot more HP when the cam is added. With any set of Duals on the flow is going to be great. The barkers im sure make the most HP (if what they claim is true). Im not doubting that, and barkers make a good product so the quailty is going to be good also. I think it will be a great exhaust, but there will be even more dual exhausts comming out soon. And every time one comes out its going to be the big shit at that time. (same happend when the LTE's came out, then DMC and now...) 3 months later something new will come out. Right now Barkers are the new big thing. But before the numbers and hype gets to everyones head lets wait untilt they been out long enough to find the problems, use them and dyno them. Then we have somthing to go by.
Even after the DMC came out though .. LTE was still the number one exhaust on this site. Now it seems to be Barkers and Im pretty sure it will stay that way for a lil while.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Is it true the LTE'S have problems with mounting?

·
Registered
793 Posts
integlikewhoa said:
pile0g00 said:
Krandall said:
sanbullet said:
The HP and torque will be less with the infarmes. Barker said so himself. But im sure its not enough for the butt dyno to feel it. Same as switching from dmc's or LTE's to barker exhasut for HP reasons. Not enough for the butt dyno. Looks going to play more of a roll in my decision.
Barker told you that? RF said that these pipes are the same. Gesick also said that. I guess they could explain it better but from what they said ... these two (inframed and out) are the same, only difference is inframed compared t out.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
I found a set of LTE's on Ebay used...score. Before I bought them, I called Rocket Factory and asked them baout the differences between Brakers and LTE, they said they are the same pipe with minor differences, the LTEs make more power at lower RPMs and the Brakers make it at higher RPS, but the difference is between 0.5 - 1 HP. Do you really think you will feel that?

On a side note, does anyone have opinions on Ceramic Coating? Is it worthe it? Does it fade after a few hours of riding? How about polished Stainless, how does that work out? I am torn about getting my coated, but want more info.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
iv heard bad things about ceramic coating and how they wear or burn off. someone even had it flake off. idk. plattner had some and he said deffinatly not woth the extra 150.00 also. i heard the ltes do have problems with fitting, and also have problems with leaking. and hitting rear shock mount on the 07 se raptors. seems to me if i was to pay 700.00 or more on a couple of bent pipes and 2 cans with stickers on them. they should be made to fit perfect. also lte shouldnt have switched mounting methods. the band is ugly!!

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
What was it before? Mine have the band on it and they were bought at the end of the summer last year. I am considering polishing them, I have already sand blased them, and I have the wheel, it's just whether or not it's worth the time. I called a ceramic place today, and they are reluctant to coat Raptor Headers because they glow red at idle, and she said that the coating is made with aluminum in it and it breaks down at about 1300 F, and she said if you can see them glow, you are right around that range.

·
Registered
868 Posts
uetzie said:
This is a great thread.I've listenened to both the DMC'S and barker dual exhaust systems and think the I prefer the DMC sound.Anyone know the dyno test between the two for HP ? Great video on the quads for exhaust!!!
All pipes out on the market are fairly close to each other as far as horsepower. Now how they do when you start really modding the motor, not much information there. would have to go through extensive testing in the exact same conditions and still wouldn't be "perfect" tests.

I say go for pipes that you like the looks and sound of. I havent heard DMCs in person so I wouldnt know but I did like the sound of them from forcefed's post, just not a big fan on the looks. And sorry but I really dont like the look of LTE but that is my taste. It doesnt sound like it, but those were loud when I revved it up ;) Videos dont do much justice but it gives you a pretty good idea.

Mine were glowing and it turned the header a slight different color.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The Barkers will probably make the most HP by a nose, nothing earth shattering. I have to tell you that the DMC's sounded real good, thats the first time I've heard them.

There is going to be a unbiased test of all three. Same dyno, day, and remapped for each specific pipe.

They are going to also weigh the pipes and check the DB's on each. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
before, the ltes mounted with a bolt to the stock exhaust mounts, like most other exhausts. made it look alot cleaner.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Are the barker's ceramic coated? someone on the other post wrote that they have more hp diffrence at high rpm, somethink about 5-6 hp.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
blackraptor said:
Are the barker's ceramic coated? someone on the other post wrote that they have more hp diffrence at high rpm, somethink about 5-6 hp.
Not according to Rocket Factory, I called them and asked, see my earlier post.

·
Registered
241 Posts
forcefed said:
Looking fwd to it, who's doing the unbiased report?
Petedog is its meant to be getting started this month all 3 exhausts Barkers,LTEs + DMCs on a stock raptor with a PCIII , K+N and 1 exhaust at a time with its map on the same day and same dnyo. Hes doing weights, decibels and going to put it all out there for everyone to see . We did ask him about a quick run with the Barkers quiet cores just to see the difference if he has the time . Hes got all the exhausts just waiting on a spare day on the dnyo since there offering there services for free , so it should be soon !!!!!.Plus i think hes going to do it to a modified engine one too to try and keep us all happy .

21 - 37 of 37 Posts