Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic probably has been talked about alot but I need to make a decision.I've checked the archived threads and scrolled threw many pages of this forum and know the big three mods I need(PC3,prodesign,EXHAUST?).I have read and learned alot from all you guys(thanks).Are dual or single aftermarket exhaust for me? I mainly trail ride mud,rocks, hillclimbs,small MX tracks.Does duals produce more hp and help the rappy breath better than a aftermarket single exhaust ? From what I have read the lte's and dmcs are most popular not much talk about aftermarket single pipes.Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
it depends bro. How much money do you wanna spend. If I had the money I would buy the DUALS ($700-850). thats me. They sound freakin awesomeeee. Of course if you were on a budget then single exhuats would be the way to go($350-600. If your down right scraping for money to buy mods then buy a slip on ($175-300). then buy a header later, thats what i did. AGAIN this is just my 2 cents. -- WOODY

·
Registered
305 Posts
Most will agree duals produce more power and offer even more power with internal engine mods. Pro Design and PCIII are also the best i think. As far as which duals or even which singal that could be a heated debate. Singals are cheaper. But a full singal exhaust is not much cheaper then some duals. I know dmc's can be had for around 650 and up for a full exhaust. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
If all I did was ride in mud and rocks I would not fork out the cash for a set of duals to beat them up in those conditions. I used to ride my 660R in rocky muddy terain and the head pipe of my HMF system got lots of dings in it. If you only ride in sand then you want every ounce of HP avalible to you, but IMHO in the terrain you describe you won't see the full benifit of a high dollar dual exhaust system and your dollars can be spent better elsewhere. I would go with the most reasonably priced exhaust/fuel controller package I could find for that kind of riding and buy the best tires that I could get to put the power to the ground. Just my thoughts on it.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for your knowledge on the subject.This forum is great.Time to save a little money and wait for all the snow to melt to start riding.Thanks again.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have a website for the curtis sparks exhaust?Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a PCIII,Pro Design(K&N) intake and sparks big core system on my 2007SE and i love it.they use a larger pipe in their big core system.2.25 inches verses 2 inches found in most other single exhausts allowing for bigger exhaust flow.dual pipe performance in a single pipe,especially if your bike is stock other than the big "3".The sparks system is great but its FREAKIN LOUD!!! (loud=flow),cracks like a harley,neihbors hate me but i love it.sound isnt an issue where i ride.Im a woods/trail blazer also and i dont need any extra pipe too ding up,nor i doubt ill be doin any serious internal engine mods.this pipe should be plenty for your needs.when you order your system from sparks,make sure you ask them about the colored end caps.i got mine in black too match my SE and its big bling! bling!.Now bolt on that sparks system and go out and kick sum ass!!!!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
rhayes said:
I just had a set of dmc duals istalled and custom mapped and lost powr from my single dmc full exhaust.
Before and after dyno, would be nice.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the info on the sparks system is there a end cap to quiet the beast down since you said it was loud??NEED TO RIDE BAD!!!!TOOOO MUUCH SNNNOWWWW!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
are duals considerable louder then slip-on systems??

and how much are is the curtis sparks exhaust..u mentioned it was loud..do u have a full system or just a header??

i plan on getting a pipe with some good grunt, sound isnt a issue for me either but what ever pipe i purchase i want to get a quietcore for when i'm out cruising at night..cuz then the noise is just plain annoying!

·
Registered
67 Posts

Attachments

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
I'm diggin the sparks header pipe but the sparks plate on the muffler is just tacky in my book....if only it wasn't yellow ! but this intresting, i'm gonna look into this one cuz I like loud 8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Duals Duals Duals is the only way to go save the money and get them i have both a yoshe and DMC duals the diff to me is like night and day singel exhust is a hard straight sounding the duals are deep smooth and kinda patter as well as the look you get is like to small jets on each side of your bike :grin_nod:

·
Registered
8 Posts
heres a pic :p

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts