Raptor Forum banner

DUAL OR SINGLE EXHAUST

6K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  Havn2muchfun 
#1 ·
I know this topic probably has been talked about alot but I need to make a decision.I've checked the archived threads and scrolled threw many pages of this forum and know the big three mods I need(PC3,prodesign,EXHAUST?).I have read and learned alot from all you guys(thanks).Are dual or single aftermarket exhaust for me? I mainly trail ride mud,rocks, hillclimbs,small MX tracks.Does duals produce more hp and help the rappy breath better than a aftermarket single exhaust ? From what I have read the lte's and dmcs are most popular not much talk about aftermarket single pipes.Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
it depends bro. How much money do you wanna spend. If I had the money I would buy the DUALS ($700-850). thats me. They sound freakin awesomeeee. Of course if you were on a budget then single exhuats would be the way to go($350-600. If your down right scraping for money to buy mods then buy a slip on ($175-300). then buy a header later, thats what i did. AGAIN this is just my 2 cents. -- WOODY

#3 ·
Most will agree duals produce more power and offer even more power with internal engine mods. Pro Design and PCIII are also the best i think. As far as which duals or even which singal that could be a heated debate. Singals are cheaper. But a full singal exhaust is not much cheaper then some duals. I know dmc's can be had for around 650 and up for a full exhaust. :thumbsup:

#4 ·
If all I did was ride in mud and rocks I would not fork out the cash for a set of duals to beat them up in those conditions. I used to ride my 660R in rocky muddy terain and the head pipe of my HMF system got lots of dings in it. If you only ride in sand then you want every ounce of HP avalible to you, but IMHO in the terrain you describe you won't see the full benifit of a high dollar dual exhaust system and your dollars can be spent better elsewhere. I would go with the most reasonably priced exhaust/fuel controller package I could find for that kind of riding and buy the best tires that I could get to put the power to the ground. Just my thoughts on it.

#5 ·
Thanks everyone for your knowledge on the subject.This forum is great.Time to save a little money and wait for all the snow to melt to start riding.Thanks again.

#7 ·
Do you have a website for the curtis sparks exhaust?Thanks

#8 ·
#9 ·
I have a PCIII,Pro Design(K&N) intake and sparks big core system on my 2007SE and i love it.they use a larger pipe in their big core system.2.25 inches verses 2 inches found in most other single exhausts allowing for bigger exhaust flow.dual pipe performance in a single pipe,especially if your bike is stock other than the big "3".The sparks system is great but its FREAKIN LOUD!!! (loud=flow),cracks like a harley,neihbors hate me but i love it.sound isnt an issue where i ride.Im a woods/trail blazer also and i dont need any extra pipe too ding up,nor i doubt ill be doin any serious internal engine mods.this pipe should be plenty for your needs.when you order your system from sparks,make sure you ask them about the colored end caps.i got mine in black too match my SE and its big bling! bling!.Now bolt on that sparks system and go out and kick sum ass!!!!!

#11 ·
rhayes said:
I just had a set of dmc duals istalled and custom mapped and lost powr from my single dmc full exhaust.
Before and after dyno, would be nice.

#12 ·
Thanks for all the info on the sparks system is there a end cap to quiet the beast down since you said it was loud??NEED TO RIDE BAD!!!!TOOOO MUUCH SNNNOWWWW!!

#15 ·
are duals considerable louder then slip-on systems??

and how much are is the curtis sparks exhaust..u mentioned it was loud..do u have a full system or just a header??

i plan on getting a pipe with some good grunt, sound isnt a issue for me either but what ever pipe i purchase i want to get a quietcore for when i'm out cruising at night..cuz then the noise is just plain annoying!

#16 ·

Attachments

#18 ·
I'm diggin the sparks header pipe but the sparks plate on the muffler is just tacky in my book....if only it wasn't yellow ! but this intresting, i'm gonna look into this one cuz I like loud 8)

#19 ·
Duals Duals Duals is the only way to go save the money and get them i have both a yoshe and DMC duals the diff to me is like night and day singel exhust is a hard straight sounding the duals are deep smooth and kinda patter as well as the look you get is like to small jets on each side of your bike :grin_nod:

#20 ·
heres a pic :p

Attachments

G
#21 ·
I'm still undecided about whether to get a single exhaust (curtis sparks) or get duals(LTE, DMC, Barkers). There all about the same price give or take a 100 bucks.So if your gonna dive into the motor get duals otherwise your wasting your money??? Wheres raptor randy when you need him... LOL :thumbsup:

#22 ·
The pics and opinions are great, but did I read on someones profile they had a FMF pipe on there bike? How does that pipe preform?I'm leaning towards the sparks system right now but those duals look BAD ASS.

#23 ·
My question is what good is a couple extra hp over a single pipe setup if you are adding more weight?

I'd like to know the weight of these dual exhaust systems. I don't know what they weigh but I'd have to believe they would be more than a good single exhaust system since there is more header tube and two cans.

Stock exhaust weight is 12.90 lbs compared to say a TI Akrapovic Evolution system that is 6.30 lbs. That means you are taking 6.6 lbs off your bike and gaining HP/TQ.

Since motorcycle headers are 4 into 1 and flow just fine I find it hard to believe you have any flow problems with a good 2 into 1 system.

#24 ·
I'm not worried so much about weight I'm not racing the quad but your point makes sense.The sparks exhaust looks great but the noise level their talking about would be a small problem.I'm going to call sparks about the silient core option.

#25 ·
Noise is the biggest issue for me. To get the sound where it need's to be for most of the area's I ride, and get the best flow, duel's are the only way. I don't know about the LTE's or Barker's new pipe's but id bet the DMC's weight about the same as stock, just distributed on two side's instead of one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.