Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you all !
Here in the UK I ride a Road Legal Raptor 700 with my wife riding pillion behind me. Fast road riding, two up is not a safe option on a standard Raptor seat, it's too short...so if you cannot buy one, you have to make one

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I dont think the bike is made to carry that much weight. That subframe is waiting to rip off
I have seen raptors with stock suspension carry riders over 400 pounds. It's not going to ride well, but I don't imagine there are many jumps on the roads he's using. I doubt that a sustained and un-shifting load of 2 people on the seat will rip the subframe off.

That said, the machine was not designed to carry an additional passenger and the suspension and frame were not designed for more than I think 225 pounds (I believe that's the number in the manual). So I can't speak to the safety and I guess I don't encourage it but I don't think that you'll be snapping things apart too easily.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Some states do allow operation on public roads. However state laws do typically specify that only atvs designed by the manufacturer to carry 2 people may do so, and that atvs like the raptor are limited to 1 legal rider only.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I think I might like the longer seat just so I have a more comfortable place to lie down while I'm sitting in the dunes watching drag races.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks to all my American Cousins for your kind observations,....remember we are all Raptor buddies...I'm not sure now whether I should tell you all what else I've been up to.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
TO ALL THE UNBELIEVERS
In the USA you are not allowed on the highway are you, so what qualifies you to offer any one advice on fast road riding capabilities of a Raptor 700...but I will let you into a little secret.....Fast roadwork was only possible after I fitted a PRECISION PRO DAMPER from the good old USA.!

some cities in the U.S. allow quads on the road...

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
TO ALL THE UNBELIEVERS
In the USA you are not allowed on the highway are you, so what qualifies you to offer any one advice on fast road riding capabilities of a Raptor 700...but I will let you into a little secret.....Fast roadwork was only possible after I fitted a PRECISION PRO DAMPER from the good old USA.!
IMO Lowered down, widened, road tires and all like you guys across the pond do them would be just fine even with two people. I don't see any difference than riding two people on some of these crotch rockets you see on the road.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have to say, that most of the nice Raptor goodies come from the USA. Fast Highway riding was not possible until I fitted a PRECISION PRO STEERING DAMPER.......Good old USA.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
IMO Lowered down, widened, road tires and all like you guys across the pond do them would be just fine even with two people. I don't see any difference than riding two people on some of these crotch rockets you see on the road.
crotch rocket is way diffrent than a quad. way diffrent handling machine. riding a quad is like sitting in a chair.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I was reading all these negative comments, and thinking, man that would be awesome to have a girl on the back of my raptor just cruising around town. If you guys have seen the size of some of the seats made for the passengers on crotch rockets.. i think you'd agree that this is just as safe, if not safer than the motorcycles

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.