Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was looking at duals and seeing what ones to get ? Am looking at the standard monster duals with the black shorty cans what you guys think

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Gabe, Since you already have the 4.1 exhaust i'd spend the money towards items that make the Raptor more comfortable and controllable. I'm sure you'll gain a noticeable difference in power, but the loss you'll take on the FMF + purchasing the new exhaust may not be worth it.

www.kbmotorsportsonline.com
270-774-1982

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what do you mean the loss like from buying the fmf and the monsters?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
what do you mean the loss like from buying the fmf and the monsters?
You will not get close to what you paid for the FMF exhaust unfortunately , and when you pay the difference to purchase the duals you'll have a lot of money in exhaust which really doesn't play a huge role in lap times like suspension modifications. However, I'm just offering my opinion and trying to save you money nothing more. Take Care & have a goodnight!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mostly ride dunes so i am just trying to go faster and im sure someone will buy the exhaust ansd will help a little bit i hope

·
Registered
448 Posts
Instead of doing exhaust since u already have it, go cam and piston to get more power?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i just sent my head off to get ported and polished with a hdd5050 cam and a 11.5 tech piston

·
Registered
437 Posts
go big bore. i got mine and havnt looked back since sound awesome and pulls like hell

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whats the difference i was told u need alot of compression and alot of motor work for big bores or it wont run as good as regular

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Big bores work great on stock bore or big bore motors. You will see a 1-2 hp gain on top end by bumping up to big bore. Since your a dune rider you will greatly notice the gained power by going from a dual setup and getting rid of that FMF. On dyno graphs we have seen up to a 9hp difference with a good dual setup over a slip on system.

I think you would be extremely happy with a Monster dual setup.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
i just sent my head off to get ported and polished with a hdd5050 cam and a 11.5 tech piston
I haven't seen a ride review or a dyno comparison of the FMF 4.1 against the Monster Big Bores with your modifications, but I think the difference you'll gain divided by the amount spent wouldn't be impressive. However, I still have no idea why i'm trying to talk you into saving your money. lol :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I still don't know what I'm gonna do

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
At the very least you don't need big bores unless you plan on upping the cc later on. How bout you run the new build with the FMF and if you really want more then buy duals. Just a thought :).

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Once you buy the Monster Big Bores you won't buy any other exhaust ever again, money spent once. No negatives that I've heard of from the big bores, on even a stone stock bike.
The power you'll gain we'll def be noticeable, probably 3hp or so peak, but a ton more overrev... like TQS said, probably 10hp or so in the overrev

·
Registered
437 Posts
na you donmt need any build it will just help squeeze more hp out of ur stock motor and really shine when or if you do big bore it. mine runs amazing with big bores things an animal

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,451 Posts
Bet my dmcs did the same hp as your big bores. Big bore IS NOT needed on a sb/ss engine.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Bet my dmcs did the same hp as your big bores. Big bore IS NOT needed on a sb/ss engine.
It's been shown on a stock bike big bores will make 2-3+hp over standard monsters, barkers, DMC's, etc.

And here's standard monsters, on the same dyno, but with an added ignition

And here's the same dyno, but with a slightly built engine, back to back DMC's vs barkers

/thread

1 - 20 of 30 Posts