Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, yip another jetting question. I have a custom build duel pipe (based on barkers but runs inside the frame) and a K&N filter (No Airbox). I will do most of my riding in the 4600 - 6200 feet range. If possibble please supply me with the Dynojet and mikuni sizes that i need.

Thanks for the help :eek:

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Looks more like a take on his custom HMF duals than his current setup.

In any case I'd look to somewhere around 170/175 mikuni mains, 25 pilots and oem clip on 4th (one richer than stock). GYTR or DJ needle will probably work on 3rd (middle clip). Not sure what DJ says for duals, but I think the 146/148 setup would be a good start and go richer from there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought the GYTR jet kit as that was the only thing available @ my local shop. I am using the 25 pilots and the 160/165 mains. I have also inserted the GYTR needles with the pin in the 3rd clip. Mixture screws is @ 3 turns out.

What do you guys think of this setup?

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
I neglected to take into account your elevation when I first posted, you should be in good shape with that setup. If anything maybe a touch rich on the idle circuit.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so i tested this setup today; the take off is fine and wot seems to be fine, the problem is from about 1/4th to 3/4th throttle (or somewhere around there). The bike stutters/ bogs down and as soon as this happens and i hit the gas hard it takes a second or two and the takes off. Should i go one clip down on the needles and maybe change my mixture screws to 2.5 turns out?

Going to check the plug now.

Just a follow up thought: i dont think that its lean, cause i dont have any backfires or pops. It almost as if it gets flooded

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
With the thinner gytr needles you may need to lean it up one clip. Make sure your diaphrams are sealing well.

With my old ct pipe I had a midrange stutter that I could never fully resolve, drove me nuts until I swapped carbs and pipe.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pulled the plug and its all black. Should i go the second clip (from the top) on the needle and then play with the air fuel mixture?
Is there a specific way to check the diaphrams seal?

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Just make sure that you've got them set perfectly before putting the caps on.

The no airbox setup will keep you richer than most, but the elevation will bring you back around to the lean side. Drop to 2 turns out on both along with the needle adjustment. Then see if you've still got that stutter. A high float could cause the same problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts