Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i decided im going to go ahead and get dual pipes for the raptor and i have narrowed it down to two. which one do you think i should get between the looney tuned and the barkers. thanks guys!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
The Barker's and LTE's make very similar rear wheel horsepower and torque numbers. With a VERY slight edge by the Barker's on a very well built motor. Both have excellent fit and finish. It's more of a question of would you rather have them in-frame(LTE's) or out-of-frame(Barker's).
Being that I'm only 5'6" and like to occasionally ride with short's, I opted for the LTE's.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
The barkers are better looking, im not sure about hp, but I know the LTE have welded seams on top and bottom of exhaust.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Limited660 said:
The barkers are better looking, im not sure about hp, but I know the LTE have welded seams on top and bottom of exhaust.
Looks are subjective. I personally think out-of-frame pipes look like doo doo.

The LTE's have welded seams because the pipes have a variable diameter their entire length. And since exhaust piping is only built in standard diameter's(1.5" O.D. , 1.75" O.D., etc....). LTE actually builds their pipes from two separate pieces of stainless sheet metal cut in pie shapes(with the corners removed) and then welds them together creating a "megaphone" design.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I dont care how its built if im buying it, welded seams look ok until you ride a little then they turn shitty brown and look like ass. For my money I would go with Barkers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im leaning toward the lte's, like raptoraz me and him are about the same size and i also like to ride with shorts on. as for the color of the pipe after it gets ridden on a good bit i dont give a shit as long as its still giving me the same amount of power. also how do they sound, i like loup pipes very much. if this helps this will be the first mod for a while with the exception of a jet kit so on that note does my decision on the lte's still sound like a good one?

·
Registered
183 Posts
i have the lte's and their the same color they are when i bought them. I dont think the lte's are really that loud either. most pipes i hear are way louder.

·
Registered
210 Posts
phucker said:
well i first saw a set of lte's yesterday in person and i was not impressed, they had broke in many places
I've had my LTE's for about 2 years now. Still look like they did when they were new. You know what they say about opinions. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Speaking as a rider and not a builder.....the first duals I bought were LTEs, they fit like crap and I was never happy with the way they interacted with my 39s. I sold them and bought a used set of Barkers.

Now, speaking as a builder and not a rider. I don't carry LTEs because I believe the craftsmanship leaves much to be desired for the price.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Ha I built my own Set of Duals And they work Great My buddy owns a muffler shop we went in Cut once (the head pipes) and bent twice welded together Slammed'r in cost me 40$ Canadian for the pipeing then Bought Two Fmf Tit 4s for it And it Is sounding Awesome... :lol:

Down Fall is Finding New place to Put Antifreeze Rez
Pics to Come *(If it ever turns to F'n Spring here)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hammo686 said:
Ha I built my own Set of Duals And they work Great My buddy owns a muffler shop we went in Cut once (the head pipes) and bent twice welded together Slammed'r in cost me 40$ Canadian for the pipeing then Bought Two Fmf Tit 4s for it And it Is sounding Awesome... :lol:

Down Fall is Finding New place to Put Antifreeze Rez
Pics to Come *(If it ever turns to F'n Spring here)
A picture is worth a thousand words.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
My coolant recovery bottle is under my seat between the direct-mount filters and the battery box. Just threw a piece of aluminum stock acrossed, bolted it down and zip-tyed the bottle there. Close to the pipes but it has worked so far. I've also seen them mounted to the swingarm and up by the front bumper.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
thats where i have mine up near the front bumper zip tied down when i get into hard riding i doesnt last very long.... i also tossed the stock bottle and went out bout a brand new whippersnipper fuel rez modded it and use that now little bit easier to tie down...

Im goin riding today ill get my wife to finally take some pics 8)

I love my Duals kinda would like to see some other pics of duals to compare against

Canada Kicks Ass :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts