Raptor Forum banner

Dumont Dunes

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  White Rider 
#1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I am leaving to go to Dumont dunes this Friday. I need some quick info from those that have been. Whats it like there. Do you need paddles. Can you get away with knobbies. All the details you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
You can run without paddles but you wont make it up the big hills....there are tons of trails around it also...I would recommend paddles.

We were there this past Saturday...it was NICE!!!

Either way you will have fun!!

Here is a vid from another time we went and made it to the top....

#11 ·
Awesome vid!!! Really awesome nice job Brett...

#13 ·
The hills there are very steep. I took the tallest steepest one I saw right out of the trailer and it was way steeper that I thought it would be. You defenitley want enough power and traction to be able to change your mind....and once youre to the top it's just as steep on the other side. No room to turn around..no "shutdown room"

And once youre there you can circle the perimeter of the dunes on about 10-15 minutes. So you should be able to cover the whole dunes in a day no problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.