Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pictures from Silver Lake, and most importantly... I finally learned to wheelie! :metal: No good jumps out there though, everything was too round to catch any air.

me on the 125

we are such a loving couple, aren't we? :lol:(I go to tackle him, he throws me to the ground, walks away, I flick him off.... lol)

me and the sis-in-law

I have more from my buddies camera, I'll post them when I can

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops, double post

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nice....looks like a cool place to ride. I've been to Badlands in Attica, IN a couple times, but never to Silver Lake....yet. Which is a better place to ride (assuming you've been to Badlands).....

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunatly no, I haven't been to the badlands.. have always wanted to go, just never had the chance. How did you like the badlands?
Silver Lake is great, but a fairly small area. Once you've been there a bunch of times, and you've seen/done everything it can get a bit old. But it's still a good time.

·
Registered
145 Posts
DuneBunny said:
Unfortunatly no, I haven't been to the badlands.. have always wanted to go, just never had the chance. How did you like the badlands?
Silver Lake is great, but a fairly small area. Once you've been there a bunch of times, and you've seen/done everything it can get a bit old. But it's still a good time.
I like the Badlands, it's a nice place to ride...has a little bit of everything, you definitely should go sometime. I live in Oklahoma, but my sister is up by Chicago...so when I go visit, I bring the Raptor....just in case :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
"we are such a loving couple, aren't we? (I go to tackle him, he throws me to the ground, walks away, I flick him off.... lol)"

I was right!!!!!

Now we know where the bruises REALLY came from in one of your earlier posts.

:rofl:

I really like the reflection picture.....Great photo.

~Brian

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Flynbyu said:
"we are such a loving couple, aren't we? (I go to tackle him, he throws me to the ground, walks away, I flick him off.... lol)"

I was right!!!!!

Now we know where the bruises REALLY came from in one of your earlier posts.

:rofl:
LMAO! :lol: Oh crap, I forgot about that! LOL :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Great pix :thumbsup:. What you need to do is some "intentional downing"- get in first or second at a stand still ahd just drop the hammer on it and stand it straight up. You will do exactly that and it will land on the grab bar and you just slide off the back. This will get the jitters out of ya and just start sitting down and learning 1st and second gear wheelies and if you go too far back just let it and you just slide off the back(since youve been there, done that) and soon you will learn the balance point of you and your Raptor and will make most of the guys mad that you and walk yours further than they can :thumbsup:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Beautiful pics, looks like a nice place to ride. Congrats on the wheelie thing. Like what Veloci said, that balance point is alot further back than what you think. When I'm at that point where i can just idle along in first, I'm actually looking under the front fender to see. Practice, practice, practice.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Awesome pictures!! I have got to start learning the art of whellies also!! Just please don't break your foot by smashing the grab bar on top of your foot! LOL

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the replies everyone!

And thanks Veloci, I'll give that a try. ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
scott011422 said:
What state is silver lake in? Thanks
Michigan. :thumbsup:

Great pics Dunebunny! What, no RM wheelie pics? I also really like that reflection one, very nice. We were supposed to take another trip there this month, but not looking likely now. I still don't have that balance point down yet, but I never really try that much. I like how VelociRaptor said to find it...make total sense!

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Those where some great pics Dunebunny! :thumbsup: When where those pics taken? I was there last weekend in my jeep. And I'm going again this saturday on the 700r and again on the 28 for the weekend. :grin_nod: I love Silver Lake :grin_nod:

Ryan

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
#X-RIDER# said:
What, no RM wheelie pics?
LMAO!!!! yea, right! :lol: I almost fell over a couple times on that thing just trying to turn! At one point I had a group of dirtbike quys watching me and ofcourse I almost fell like 6 times, completely embarssing myself. LOL
It was fun though, I want to ride it more often but hubby won't let me. ::)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sand84 said:
Those where some great pics Dunebunny! :thumbsup: When where those pics taken? I was there last weekend in my jeep. And I'm going again this saturday on the 700r and again on the 28 for the weekend. :grin_nod: I love Silver Lake :grin_nod:

Ryan
We went the weekend of Sept 29- Oct 1st. Was that the weekend you were there?
I want to go again before winter, but sadly I don't see that happening. :(

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
Yes that was the weekend i was there. I'm trying to go again this weekend and for sure the weekend of Oct 28.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 28 Posts