Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spend most of my time duning and hillclimbing in northern az at the cinders. Should i go with a long travel setup or not? i dont jump crazy yet but am working up courage to hit bigger ones. Also am usually hauling across whoops as fast as i can? thanks in advance this is my first post so i hope it works

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
FUELATV said:
You will be very happy with a good standard travel setup. I can get you a VERY good deal on i-shock suspension.

WWW.FUELATV.COM
I am looking into the same setup. FuelATV has given me the best price by far. Nobody else comes close.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok you got my attention could you please send me the price for the setup you suggest,THANKS

·
Registered
363 Posts
they dont call it long travel for no reason. you can have long travel arms w/ short stroke shocks and have very little travel. you get more travel w/ the longer arms also. the pivot point is farther from the contact point there fore it has to move father to extend and compress resulting more travel. just make sure you shock has enough stroke. i would highly recommend the long travel. after all you can never have to much of it

·
Registered
677 Posts
You DO NOT get more travel with long travel. The Long travel pivot points are moved out .... YES, but that means it uses a longer shock. The longer shock will have more SHAFT travel, but not more actual wheel travel. The longer shock is easier for companys to valve. A correct setup standard travel aftermarket shock and a correctly setup aftermarket long travel shock will have the same wheel travel as long as the same width a-arms are used. Just because you are jumping does not mean you need long travel.

WWW.FUELATV.COM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts