Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
im new to this forum but i was looking for a raptor 700 forum and i realy found it.
:thumbsup: MY SPECAIL THANKS TO THE CREAOTR OF THIS FORUM :thumbsup:
well,as a start,i have a new 700R SE 2007.I want it to be a 99.9%duner,no trail riding or things like that.
I have around 2000$$ no, what should i do with it,i already have padllles wich are made to go in the sand and on street
can u plz :help:

·
Registered
216 Posts
What kind of paddles are those?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI again
i dont know what the tyres are called in english,theyre made in taiwan.ill post pictures inshallah.

About the mods,what exhaust is best for duning???,i intend to modify the cams and valves for it and maybe get a bigbore trinity kit!!!

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
For all around dunning the LTE's are hard to beat. If you don't mind out of frame pipes then the Barkers make more top end HP. Add a PCIII and a hi flow filter & adapter and you will have a fun duner :thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

these are the tires,sry for taking so long.I had my term exams.

RAptor randy,can i see ur raptor ?what modidiations d u have on it?

Thx guys for ur help

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Well before you start building are you looking for a strait dragster/ hill shooter or something you can actually ride all over the dunes.

Now either way I would get better paddles. If your adding a trinity kit and doing motor mods the those tires won't work those are more designed for snow and maybe light dunning but any real mods to your rappy and those paddles will let you down. If you’re looking to mostly hill shooting go will extremes or haulers, if you want an all around paddle go with the sand stars.

Now for the mods
Go with the LTE duals PC 3 tuner and a Pro-design intake.
Then your Trinity Kit
Next suspension, you will want to widen your front end. If your going for hill shooting maybe the Marvin Shaw shocks, for crusin then I-shock kits or some elka dune addition with wider a arms.
If you plan on hill shooting then you'll want a longer rear swing arm. Not as important if you want an all around duner.
Steering dampener if you’re wanting all around ride. Not important for hill shooting.
I'd look into upgrading the headlights, either swap the stockers for HID's or maybe add a set of lazer lights.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey ...raptor
ill be an all around duner for 60~70% of the time and the left is for racing in dunes.
are the LTEs the best i can get,bcz as i read the forums and searched,sparks and ct are better.Or what d u think?bcz im really on a budget,so cant put something thats not worth te money.
Another thing, iw ould like to buy some new rims,are these good for dunes

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
ooMcLeoDoo said:
hey ...raptor
ill be an all around duner for 60~70% of the time and the left is for racing in dunes.
are the LTEs the best i can get,bcz as i read the forums and searched,sparks and ct are better.Or what d u think?bcz im really on a budget,so cant put something thats not worth te money.
Another thing, iw ould like to buy some new rims,are these good for dunes

Those wheels you like are pretty, but are also very heavy so you will be giving up some performance
if you go with the heavier wheels. I run Douglas .125 Blue Labels in the Dunes as they are real light.

As far as pipes go the CT & sparks are real good singles but an LTE equiped Quad with equal mods
and riders will put 2 quads lengths on the Singled piped bikes. As you do internall mods the gap widens.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi again,
how come i see many 700r put these on?are they lighter than stock?i also increased my budget to 2500$$!

Im determined to buy the LTEs and and inntake kit from gytr and replace the lid of the airbox with a filtered one,is it good ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im also getting the trinity Big bore kit and PCIII chip!ARE there anything else i should upgrade??

Thanks raptorrandy for ur great help!! ;)

i have a Rhino also,d u know any forums that can help me modify it?

·
Registered
579 Posts
I would recomend a gauze type filter with a pre filter over it. It will shed most of the sand unlike a foam filter.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Go for the LTE's so far nothing inside the frame beats em.
Get a Pro-Design or a GYTR filter package and pull the lid off. you can also cut the airbox if you want to since youre in sand. i did and it makes a huge difference.
Get a PCIII.
Put in the Trinity kit
+4 swingarm.
Get some Sand Stars on either a douglas blue or black series rim whichever you prefer.
and its up to you what you wanna do with the front end. you could just get an offset rim and you wouldnt need new a arms but thats your decision.

·
Registered
123 Posts
also look into some HIDs they make a giant difference in night time duning

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the help guys,I really appreaciate it!! :thumbsup:

i still have some questions!!! :eek:

Is the PCIII the best efi controller i can get?
IS the trinity big bore kit the best also?
and what are offset rims?
also,my friend has a rhino with spacers applied and mine too.can i put some on my raptor?or will i experience some problems???

I know that i made u get tired UR PROBABLY :mad:
But thanks for the help ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts