Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any 1 go to glamis / gordens/ buttercup/ will i be able to pull 3rd gear up patton or highway hill with a 15 counter/ i weigh 240

·
Registered
399 Posts
I weigh 180 and went to gordons well with it. Comp hill climbin in 3rd and could wheelie up the whole hill. I think i will be goin out with the 14t next time though to try it out

·
Registered
579 Posts
I didnt like the 15 for hill shooting and I'm also a big guy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Oldsmobile and comp hill, pulls in 3rd well. But I also weigh 172

·
Registered
120 Posts
my 700 pulls hard in 3rd with stock gear and all 3 mods...i recently got the 15 renthal and puttin it on soon but afraid i might lose the hard 3rd gear pull up comp hill

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was in buttercup last weekend and in glamis last month. I weight 255 and can pull comp hill and test hill in fourth gear. third still revs all the way out with 15/37's

·
Registered
76 Posts
rockinfigs said:
my 700 pulls hard in 3rd with stock gear and all 3 mods...i recently got the 15 renthal and puttin it on soon but afraid i might lose the hard 3rd gear pull up comp hill
I was worried it wasn't gonna wind out and pull as hard in 3rd as well, but it did for me. Let me know what happens after you try it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
turboedsupe said:
You also have heavier rims and taller tires then most people
I tried the 15 tooth when I was running my 20" sandstars, I also tried the 13 tooth and neither sprocket helped me. I am currently running the stock 14 tooth. My current 21" tires are like running a 14 1/2 tooth sprocket. When the sand is dry, they kick ass. With my mods, the Extremes almost hook up too much if the sand is damp. The front end gets real light. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts