Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a DuraBlue anti sway bar on my lowered 07 700.

I had already lowered the rear end by flipping the link and the front by installing shorter Works Performance triple rate shocks. The stability was better with a lower center of gravity and the ride was plush. The problem was with my front end traction. I had so much front end traction that the bike always felt like it would spinout while sliding on 60-70mph sweepers.

Willykiller gave me alot of fantastic input on the nuances of suspension tweaking. Still dizzy from his tidal wave of excellent info, I ordered a Durablue anti sway bar.

Installing the bar was a pita. It wouldnt install like the instructions showed. My Wicked +2 arms had no clearance for the linkage. I spoke with the folks at Wicked who thought it would be fine to weld a tab directly to the lower arm, which would have fixed the linkage issue. I think I wisely chose to not screw with my beautifully chromed chromolly arms. Instead, I welded a bolt to my lower shock mount bolt (bolt head to bolt head) thus giving myself an almost ideal mount.

Adjusting it is a trial and error kind of thing by moving the linkage along the five mounting points on the swaybar torsion arm. With minor clearance issues I am limited to the inner most 3 mounting holes on both sides. I mounted mine to the middle of the range and went for a ride.

The most notable difference is how connected and solid the steering now feels. The quad tracks perfectly over uneven surfaces at any speed and all tendencies to dart about is gone. It is so good, I may even take my steering stabilizer off. The installation also gave me quite a bit of understeer! This is what I was really looking for, everything else is just a HUGE bonus. Now, according to WillyKiller, I can dial down the understeer by raising my front end in small increments.

Getting faster every day!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Thanks for all the info, I just bought a Rath sway bar and will be putting it on in a few weeks. Are you racing flat track?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Sir, go fast and turn, go fast and turn. I dont have to win, just have as much fun as I possibly can!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Yeah but once you get that first win.. its all over then, like a drug you need to win more often at no matter the cost...... like me, lol

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's really good info. I also fitted a durablue sway bar and it helped no end. The bike lies so much flatter even with the +6 swingarm.

Do you flat track guys go as wide as you can? I'm running and +4 lone star rear axle with g force +3 hubs and +2 arms with +2 spacers on front.

I using Elka tt shocks which are slot shorter that standard. Any good info on suspension compression rebound would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just installed a DuraBlue anti sway bar on my lowered 07 700.

I had already lowered the rear end by flipping the link and the front by installing shorter Works Performance triple rate shocks. The stability was better with a lower center of gravity and the ride was plush. The problem was with my front end traction. I had so much front end traction that the bike always felt like it would spinout while sliding on 60-70mph sweepers.

Willykiller gave me alot of fantastic input on the nuances of suspension tweaking. Still dizzy from his tidal wave of excellent info, I ordered a Durablue anti sway bar.

Installing the bar was a pita. It wouldnt install like the instructions showed. My Wicked +2 arms had no clearance for the linkage. I spoke with the folks at Wicked who thought it would be fine to weld a tab directly to the lower arm, which would have fixed the linkage issue. I think I wisely chose to not screw with my beautifully chromed chromolly arms. Instead, I welded a bolt to my lower shock mount bolt (bolt head to bolt head) thus giving myself an almost ideal mount.

Adjusting it is a trial and error kind of thing by moving the linkage along the five mounting points on the swaybar torsion arm. With minor clearance issues I am limited to the inner most 3 mounting holes on both sides. I mounted mine to the middle of the range and went for a ride.

The most notable difference is how connected and solid the steering now feels. The quad tracks perfectly over uneven surfaces at any speed and all tendencies to dart about is gone. It is so good, I may even take my steering stabilizer off. The installation also gave me quite a bit of understeer! This is what I was really looking for, everything else is just a HUGE bonus. Now, according to WillyKiller, I can dial down the understeer by raising my front end in small increments.

Getting faster every day!
been on the fence trying to decide if should order one of these for ice track racing or not. this just made up my mind, ORDERED! thanks for the info ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts