Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Re: Dust covers for the front axle

Im not sure if you mean the metal ones that go against the wheel or the blastic one that protects the inside so here are both.....

Metal one is part # 1S3-25127-00-00

Plastic one is 5TG-2514A-00-00 ( for left )

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

What front axle? :3question: :confused:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

Or do you mean that little rubber/plastice piece that fits over the front hub castle bolt that falls off the first time you ride it?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

Teraflx said:
Or do you mean that little rubber/plastice piece that fits over the front hub castle bolt that falls off the first time you ride it?
I would imagine thats what he is talking about :grin_nod: :p :thumbsup:

Michael

·
Registered
584 Posts

Teraflx said:
I need to ride harder, mine havent fallen off yet. :lol:

·
Registered
34 Posts

Last week I looked for these as well. I couldn't find them. It doesn't show them in any of the diagrams. Good luck.

·
Registered
314 Posts

mine never had any to begin with. come to think of it the dealer never even asked me if i wanted them. :confused:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ya the rubber covers over the castle nut is the one. Should have been more specific. Sounds like they are optional. :lol: I might just toss the other one and call it good. Or maybe my dealership can donate one for my trouble never hurts to ask. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Dust covers for the front wheel hubs, Part number is 5GT - 2512A - 00

My dealer and I figured out which ones they where. They fit alot of Grizzly's and other yamaha 4x4's etc. But this is the one that matches. Also recommend if you wanna keep em on some 3m weather strip glue of somthing of the like to hold them on.

·
Registered
158 Posts

Blownhotrodder said:
Teraflx said:
I need to ride harder, mine havent fallen off yet. :lol:
Mine are still On :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

I ran a bead of Smurf spew, the blue, automotive form-a-gasket stuff, along the inside lip of mine. They haven't come off yet, and should now be water proof.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I would guess they give some protection for the bearings. I ride in alot of mudd etc and if it helps keep the goo and gunk out then i will keep a $3 part on them.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts

My dumb ass dealer lost one of mine and when i asked about it they said that those were on there for shipping and that they usually remove them and must have missed them when they got mine in. So i just removed my other one. Those guys are a bunch of retards.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

TEXAS700 said:
My dumb ass dealer lost one of mine and when i asked about it they said that those were on there for shipping and that they usually remove them and must have missed them when they got mine in. So i just removed my other one. Those guys are a bunch of retards.
They might not be totally wrong. Im not saying they are right either, but the parts are not listed in the parts catalog and they are not on any of the quads pictured on yamaha's website. So why wouldnt they have them on in any picture or be in the parts catalog?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I am not saying anyone is wrong, but what exactly do they do for the bike when it is sitting in a crate? Just makes more sense to me that would be for the bike after it outta the crate. All of the raptors at the dealership i bought mine, and the one local did have them on. Maybe the just leave them on for fun. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts