Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok there are 2 styles for the 700 a piggy back one and a stand alone. What is the difference beside the obvious. Is one better than the other? I dont know why you would need the piggy back unit it would just be one more thing that could fail. Then there is the programable one not sure I would need that not going into the motor. But have the monsters duals and gytr intake & filter and dyna tek fuel programer. And would the coil from them make any difference? Any help from you guys would be appreciated.
Thanks Dale

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well maybe i'll just spend the extra money and get the programable one who knows what the future will bring.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the programable one a plug and play or is it a piggyback unit where you still need the factory cdi box also? Thats what has me so confused on the whole setup everyone has photos of unit but then says not actual photo.

·
Registered
85 Posts
the programable one has 4 curves which can be programed obviously, its a plug and play type, set which curve you want (you would run curve 2 - advanced timing) and go! it does not replace the factory ECU! also has options for boost? and launch control too which is too techy for me!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so here is my situation have a 2009 700se. My ecu went bad still under warranty getting another from dealer want to get a dyna tek and not put the factory ecu on. Either keep it as a spare incase anything happens or resale it. Motor is stock for now with monster duals gytr intake and filter and dyna tek fi controller not sure which one to get. I dont really want to get into the motor right now went thru all of that with the 660 I still have and wont see out of it what I have in it. so any suggestions would be helpfull

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
with either one you will still need the factory ecu

·
Registered
390 Posts
As stated earler by duneblazer and blaster the Dynatek does not replace the ECU. If your not wanting to get into modding then the Dynatek igntion isn't going to be of much benifit for you. Mostly it will eliminate the 5th gear speed limiter and give you a little bit quicker throttle responce. If you do decide to buy one and if you're not planning on doing heavy modding then save some coin and get the nonprogramable one. It has all the same curves as the progamable one has, until you put your custom curve of course.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
As stated earler by duneblazer and blaster the Dynatek does not replace the ECU. If your not wanting to get into modding then the Dynatek igntion isn't going to be of much benifit for you. Mostly it will eliminate the 5th gear speed limiter and give you a little bit quicker throttle responce. If you do decide to buy one and if you're not planning on doing heavy modding then save some coin and get the nonprogramable one. It has all the same curves as the progamable one has, until you put your custom curve of course.
Does the non programable one eliminate the 5th gear speed limiter too?

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have the programae one and I like it, easy install and got it with dl700 custo
Curve already set on it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok that clears it up a little just got confused when they listed a piggy back one and a stand alone unit. But you have to use the ecu no matter which one you buy. Not saying I not going to dive into the motor for mods just not sure when the bug will bite and how hard.
Just enjoying the rappy kinda stock for now. Does anyone know if the coil is worth the extra money? I know it can be added on at any time if I want.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still not sure which model to go with since i already have a dynoed Fuel Controller setup. Running Barker Duals, intake, no lid. dynoed 50whp.

Will the adjusting of the timing curves hider or help with the fuel mapping??

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Dale, I can not predict if you will need to change the air fuel ratio to receive max performance from the Dynatek, but they're worth every bit of $279 in my opinion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts