Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my dynatek from dl700 with the custom curves setup, but im not sure which selection to choose 1,2,3 or 4. i though dl700 said something about 3 so i choose that one first, sent him a pm but just wondering from other who have this what is yours set for.

it seems like its working, and i just did the spark plug wire mod at the same time. runs good, just to much snow that soft to really take it out for a ripper :(

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
He told me to use curve 2 because it was the most aggressive, but never told me what the other curves were for.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya curve two on the dynatek sheet looks to be the best, but i thought these were custom, i am so confused

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
They are custom but his best curve is also #2. I dont know for sure because like I said he didnt really explain them to me but the other curves are for like big bores or strokers or BB/strokers etc. So I would bet the curves are taylor made for build design. Just a guess though!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya waiting on a pm back on which to use. I was just reading a thread on modded raptor from DL700 and he said he usually uses 3... hopefully this will be answered soon, lol Other than that the install was pretty easy

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yeah I have SB and TB with the hdd5050 and 11.1 cp. with barkers and amsoil intake. He told me to use curve 2 so I am and it runs great. Kinda cold blooded though. It was never cold blooded before all the work I did. Is yours?

·
Registered
4,986 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i took it up the street and i had a hard time keeping traction on pavement, lmao... then again my stock tires are junk.

Carp, what do you mean by cold blooded, i really had a chance to even ride this since its winter here, and the trail is to deep for me to get down due to melting of the snow. I took it up the street and it ripped it up for what i could do with out everyone of my neighbors getting pissed at the barkers howl!

Blue lighting - I know you were looking into getting this, the install was easy, pretty much plug and play except the tps yellow wire, i used the stock yellow wire for the tps before my PC5 harness, took a razor and cut back the yellow sheilding and then wrapped the dynatek yellow wire around it after cutting the end off and soldered it, then used heat shrink, then used electrical tap to finish it off, zip tied all the other wires and all done

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
i took it up the street and i had a hard time keeping traction on pavement, lmao... then again my stock tires are junk.

Carp, what do you mean by cold blooded, i really had a chance to even ride this since its winter here, and the trail is to deep for me to get down due to melting of the snow. I took it up the street and it ripped it up for what i could do with out everyone of my neighbors getting pissed at the barkers howl!

Blue lighting - I know you were looking into getting this, the install was easy, pretty much plug and play except the tps yellow wire, i used the stock yellow wire for the tps before my PC5 harness, took a razor and cut back the yellow sheilding and then wrapped the dynatek yellow wire around it after cutting the end off and soldered it, then used heat shrink, then used electrical tap to finish it off, zip tied all the other wires and all done
Hey thanks for the info man I got the install down now! :) Just got to figur out if theres much power gain..

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
once i get my new tires and clean everything up nice, i am going to have a custom tune done for the spring/summer riding season

·
Registered
311 Posts
for big 3 the most agressive curve on dl700 custom maps is curve3.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just, got my pm from Dl700, it is Curves 3 for my set up, which is only the big 3 setup

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Later move to curve 2 as you get more power. @Blue lightning it's not gonna really add much power 1-2hp on a stock big3 bike but it does away with the speed limiter and has a smoother power band cause of the better timing curves. When you get a cam these really help them shine. That's been my experience with it.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
Oh OK thanks man! Thats cool! It looks like I need to do this...
if your looking for the biggest power gain with out goin to big. do your HC3, Dynatek and a +3 TB all together....youll definatly see some top end power.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
And no piston?
if you got the cash then hell yeah.....all depends on your budget. might as well, go 12-1, compression = Power. i run mine on 100LL av fuel. but lighter riders can get away with 91/93....supposably.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts