Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone had these and if they are really worth it. I have a .020 wiseco 11:1 compression piston, along with Hmf slip-on, 14-40 sprockets, and pro design filter kit with K&N.

So can you really tell the difference like that? What differences can you tell?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
they are useful to alter the rev limit or program custom timing curves for nitrous use etc. They will also actuate two small electrical loads, like a shift light or nitrous, they will aslo operate a shift kill mechanism so you don't have to clutch to shift, but don't expect to add one and pick up any power. I've done the dyno testing and didn't pick up a damn thing with the pre-progrqammed curves. I did pick up some with a custom programmed curve though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What would it take for me to get a custom curve like that?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So how much would a new one cost from you with the curve. And how much would you charge if I bought one and sent it to you. Thanx for the help so far.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I don't want to speak for anyone but I say save the money and put it towards a set of Barker exhaust and or FCR carbs. You will pick up power from those.Correct head porting with those parts will yield the biggest gains.
I have done some testing with curves on the dyno. I did pick up some power on my build but we ran the exact curve on a nearly identical build and it picked up 2hp midrange but nothing on the peak. Once you become to the point of maxed out on engine mods is where you can gain some from the ignition.
I run them because we use different fuels like nitromethane and working nitrous control.
You can make the power a little quicker with a stockish build but its not going to make a real world difference until you get more radical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.