Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Dynatek EFI controller and im getting me some dmc force 4s this week and i dont have a clue on how to use it any1 know some good settings? i just have the big 3..and how can i tell if its lean or rich?

·
Registered
415 Posts
well the controller is pretty easy. the base pot sets it to a certain fuel curve. then you adjust the other 3 to fine tune it. to check if your lean, get on a long straight. start really slow in second and give it full throttle. once it revs to the max or so turn your switch to off. pull the plug and look at the color. black is too rich, really light tan is too lean. it should be a medium brown color. the outside will almost always be black, so just look right in the center of the plug.

·
Registered
415 Posts
actually the best is neither :lol: but rich is safer than lean.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when im trying 2 tell if it to lean or rich how long does it take the spark plug to change colors...right now im perfect but i ant put my duals on yet

·
Registered
64 Posts
It will change after a short ride around the house. If its good not it is going to be a bit lean when you install your exhaust. Get your duals on there and ride it around for a couple of mins make sure you hit full throttle atleast once and then go check your plug

1 - 9 of 9 Posts