Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and a buddy both have the exact same white 06 700R with identical mods,as in my sig.We took them to the same dyno same day,his tuned pretty quick and got about 44hp.My bike went on next and took alot of tweaking to get it tuned,final run 42hp.When he was tuning my bike he said it was acting like the valves were out of adj,which probly is true.I forgot to mention My bike has roughly 70 hrs,and my buddy has about 25 hrs on his.
So my question is if I adjust my valves will I have to have it dyno tuned again?... change the settings on my dobeck,or will they remain the same?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
umm dont know.. i do know when i adj. my valves i noticed an increase of take off and all over power, and never messed w/ my dobeck, but i have never dynoed mine so i dont know the #'s iam pulling..

·
Registered
153 Posts
No, you would not have to re-tune the map for valve adjustment. The valve adjustment just makes sure that they are open/close at the right times in synch with the cam. too much play causes you to loose power because they are open at the wrong times of the cycle, it doesn't change the air/fuel mixture levels.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys :thumbsup:.Now,I get to learn how to check and adjust my valves.I also was suprised to see the difference between the clock settings on the dobecks.Mine are set @ 4:30-7:30-6:15-10:00.I thought the last pot seems high,but it runs great.I don't have my buddys numbers in front of me ,but I remember they were all a few clock posisitions different.Kinda weird having the same bikes with the exact same mods and the dobeck numbers being that much different...proves that all bikes tune different, and I also don't like the fact his showed 2 more hp on paper.I'll adjust the valves and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
What happens when you guys race? Did you get the dyno guy to overlay both power pulls of you twos 700s and see what was what?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We haven't had a chance to race and haven't got print outs yet,his printer was on the fritz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts