Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a dyno in So-Cal ? Also someone who can tune as well ?
I'd like to dyno the Rappy and the Preditor.
Thanks

·
Registered
305 Posts
So cal is big. Where at. I know pasadena Yamaha has a dyno and can dyno tune. I just dont know how their prices are and how good of work they can do. We all know trinity has a very nice dyno that can help you out a bit too. They are in anahiem. I know theres more. Whats closer to you?

·
Registered
305 Posts
socalrappy700 said:
I'm in upland, know of any out here?
Sorry I dont but im sure someone will send you in the right direction.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
integlikewhoa said:
So cal is big. Where at. I know pasadena Yamaha has a dyno and can dyno tune. I just dont know how their prices are and how good of work they can do. We all know trinity has a very nice dyno that can help you out a bit too. They are in anahiem. I know theres more. Whats closer to you?
I live in south Orange County, but work in LA, so Anahiem works nicely. I don't mind traveling to get this stuff done, as I drive a ton of miles anyway.

·
Registered
37 Posts
RobHussle said:
I think I saw one on there in Anaheim that has the PCIII tuning programs on site.
Yeah I emailed Two Brothers Racing there in OC because they are listed on the powercommander website. They said they don't dyno tune. Let me know if you here differently. Also, there are a few shops that dyno tune, but there are even fewer with ATV dynos...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks RobHussle, I never looked at the powercommander.com home page - I got my PCIII from Fuel Moto and had them pre-load for my specs, but I know what dyno tuning can do also. I will call around and see who has a quad dyno and go from there.

·
Registered
305 Posts
chili3 said:
I talk to some guys at Glamis at the vendors by the store and they would do mine for $100. I just want to find someone who has used them before.
They will run your bike on the dyno, or they will dyno tune for 100.00. I havent seen that many prices for dyno tuning, but the ones i seen are all a few hundred. 100.00 for hooking up to the dyno, runnign it several times, making a custom map, running it again, seems way to cheap. Am i wrong here?

·
Registered
464 Posts
integlikewhoa said:
chili3 said:
I talk to some guys at Glamis at the vendors by the store and they would do mine for $100. I just want to find someone who has used them before.
They will run your bike on the dyno, or they will dyno tune for 100.00. I havent seen that many prices for dyno tuning, but the ones i seen are all a few hundred. 100.00 for hooking up to the dyno, runnign it several times, making a custom map, running it again, seems way to cheap. Am i wrong here?
Seems on the cheap side to me, out here in the midwest where things are a little cheaper a dyno tune goes for around $80 per hour. $100 I could see just to make a few baseline passes but not to tune.

·
Registered
305 Posts
FlatStateRacing said:
integlikewhoa said:
chili3 said:
Seems on the cheap side to me, out here in the midwest where things are a little cheaper a dyno tune goes for around $80 per hour. $100 I could see just to make a few baseline passes but not to tune.
About the same here in cali. 80 an hour and it take 20-30 min for set up and 3 runs or so. Which is good for a dyno, but not a dyno tune.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chili3 said:
I am going out to glamis on the weekend of the 17th. If I get a chance I will stop by and get more info.
I'll check it out as well, I'll be there this weekend.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Damn both of you guys. :bye: I guess you guy will both beat me to glamis. Im not going till the end of the month.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've talked to those guys before, that's just to get it dyno'd, not to tune. They will tell you how much power you're making, but they're not going to make you any power. Especially not on a fuel injected bike.

·
Registered
305 Posts
RobHussle said:
I've talked to those guys before, that's just to get it dyno'd, not to tune. They will tell you how much power you're making, but they're not going to make you any power. Especially not on a fuel injected bike.
Thanks, thats what i thought for that price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.