Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im finaly in a position to get a power comander but i see alot of guys runing the PCIII and some runing the dyno, just curious whats the overall oppinion as to which is the better unit. im looking for simplicity but mostly looking to get the most out of my machine. thanks for any input :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
uhm.. PCIII and the what ?? if you mean dynojet then they are the same thing.. if you mean Dobeck.. then there's a big difference.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah sorry, i was meaning dobeck and dynojet.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
there is also a "dyna" box...but its really no different then the doebeck, trinity...or any of those.

PCIII is a superior unit but more expensive. If you are not too concerned with tuning your quad to the maximum capability then get the doebeck.

Fuel moto sells the PCIII (power commander) for $259 shipped.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Plus the other advantage is you can put it on a dyno and have a custom map. the map is made for just your bike, and your mods. The cool thing the PC III plugs in to most lab tops and dyno machines and you know where exzactly to tweek it for maximum hp and tq at the rw just my two cents. RP :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
PC III also supports additional modules like the Quick Shifter. Well, I can't remember what else can connect to it right now :banghead:
Also the PC III has a simulated accl. pump that a lot of ppl say helps throttle response.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont mind the cost at all, if i go for the lesser one i know that will haunt my mind. how much of a pain is it to tune the PCIII?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
a lot less of a pain then the doebeck!

Its actually rather simple. You download the map for your setup...you connect the PCIII to the laptop and upload it to the unit. DONE.

OR, when you order it from fuel moto, they can install the map that best suites your mods and activate the accel pump feature.

If you run it and still want to tune it better you can plug it back into the computer, and adjust in 250RPM increments where you think it needs to be changed. OR you can just highlite a whole section and increase/decrease by 2% or whatever you want.

With the PCIII you can also utilize the ignition module that is suppose to be coming out soon.

If money isnt a problem you should totally go with the PCIII

·
Registered
93 Posts
I HAVE A DOBTECK RIGHT NOW THAT I AM REPLACEING WITH DYNOJET. THE DOBTECK WORKED GREAT UNTILL I DID A AFTERMARKET PISON AND CAM. NOW IT NEEDS MORE FUEL THAN THE DOBTECK CAN PROVIDE. IF YOU WANT TO TRY IT I WILL SELL IT FOR 75 DOLLARS. IT IS 6 MONTHS OLD AND IT WILL BE OUT OF MY BIKE THIS FRIDAY. PM IF INTERESTED ;)

·
Registered
200 Posts
The PCIII is the better controller for fine tuning to get the most out of your machine but the Dobeck is easier when it comes to adjusting............I mean, you need a little screwdriver, how hard is that?............ :crazy:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cool i think i will deffinately go with the PCIII. i would asume that minus a lap top i could use the desk top just as well, not much more to it than setting it up in the garage.

where can i find some info on this ignition module thats upcoming?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
MaxxRPM said:
The PCIII is the better controller for fine tuning to get the most out of your machine but the Dobeck is easier when it comes to adjusting............I mean, you need a little screwdriver, how hard is that?............ :crazy:
PCIII doesnt even necessarily need that. there are face plate buttons on it. And if you want more tuning ability, anyone with the slightest computer skills will have NO problem walking threw the software.

·
Registered
542 Posts
a doebeck for $75............wtf?

·
Registered
767 Posts
LHCRAPPY said:
I HAVE A DOBTECK RIGHT NOW THAT I AM REPLACEING WITH DYNOJET. THE DOBTECK WORKED GREAT UNTILL I DID A AFTERMARKET PISON AND CAM. NOW IT NEEDS MORE FUEL THAN THE DOBTECK CAN PROVIDE. IF YOU WANT TO TRY IT I WILL SELL IT FOR 75 DOLLARS. IT IS 6 MONTHS OLD AND IT WILL BE OUT OF MY BIKE THIS FRIDAY. PM IF INTERESTED ;)
SOLD, check your PM's. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
542 Posts
is it a 1st gen? or what

G

·
i'm new to the whole efi thing. do you leave these on the quad or just hook them up when you need them

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
you leave it on...its a piggyback unit

·
Registered
200 Posts
135boom said:
MaxxRPM said:
PCIII doesnt even necessarily need that. there are face plate buttons on it. And if you want more tuning ability, anyone with the slightest computer skills will have NO problem walking threw the software.
How far can you adjust the fuel curve with the face place buttons? Isn't it only like 2% or something like that?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.