Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my quad Dynoed in New Zealand. Temperature was 65 degrees F, Hummidity was 90% and altitude 100 feet above sealevel.
Mods are GYTR Filter (lid off), GYTR Full pipe and Muffler (Spark Arrestor removed) and PC111. The mechanic also played around with the Crank Sensor to alter ignition timing. Talked about slotting the Key way to gain adjustment here(Not quite up with this but I am sure some of you more Knowledgable guys will no what he is on about).
Achieved 53.5 hp peaking at 6300rpm. Sounds about right from what I've seen reported by others on the site ( taking into account possible differnces in dyno to dyno).
The maximum Torque came in it at 50lbs at 4750rpm. That sounds high to me but he claims this gain is result of the timing adjustment.
It certainly feels like it is pulling harder but I'll only get to see the difference when I get the chance to line up and Drag race it against my son's quad and note the difference in real terms over what the results has been in the past.
I would appreciate your comments.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got back from a quick ride at the Port Waikato Dunes. The bike is really hauling and the Ancient Kiwi is struggling to Hang on. My son who is often on here commenting as me is now convinced that he needs the PC111 as well. He has been running the same mods but with no Fuel controller.
Yamaha Dealers over here reckon it's not necessary but it is now obvious that to get the best out of freeing up the breathing the fuel controller is the way to go.

It's going to get expensive for him as his girlfreid is lining up for the big 3 on hers as well.

·
Registered
334 Posts
this is irritating. seein all you guys pullin 50+ horses out of your 3 mod rappys.

i have the dobeck, drd slip on, and open intake and only dynoed 41.5.

how does the pcIII make 10 horses over the dobeck?

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
rapjac07 said:
this is irritating. seein all you guys pullin 50+ horses out of your 3 mod rappys.

It's not the PCIII making 10 HP it's the combination of a full exhaust, altering the timing and the ability to dial the fuel curve in to the nats ass every 250 RPM thru out the RPM range that makes the package make good power. If you had your bike dynoed on an eddie current dyno VS an inertia dyno, the eddie current dyno will give you lower numbers every time, you just need to look at what you gained from stock to modded once tuned. In your case the slip on, on a 700R doesn't do much more than the stock exhaust with the baffle out.
If you want more power you need to go to a full system and tune for it. When you say open intake, do you still have the stock filter with the lid of the airbox or do you have a high flow filter?

BTW Kiwi, killer torque on that beast for a 3 mod bike :thumbsup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My son Ryan grabbed my quad this afternoon and took it out to the farm to give it a blast on some hard surfaces.

His Comment,

"Hell these things are hard to stear when the front wheels are off the ground in every gear barring 5th".

And unfortunately his girlfreind put hers through a fence trying to keep up. Bent an A arm and looks as though she's fractured a break cylinder. Break fluid leaking. No damage to her though which is the main thing! Bikes can be repaired.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
blackraptor said:
Nice bike, i thote that duas have the most power...

They do, you can not compare dyno numbers on different dynos let alone a dyno across the world in New Zealand to dyno numbers here, plus they advanced the timing and gained some there.

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
Dyno tires or stock tires (dirt tires)? Dyno tires are good for at least 3-4 more whp.

·
Registered
334 Posts
RaptorRandy27 said:
rapjac07 said:

It's not the PCIII making 10 HP it's the combination of a full exhaust, altering the timing and the ability to dial the fuel curve in to the nats ass every 250 RPM thru out the RPM range that makes the package make good power. If you had your bike dynoed on an eddie current dyno VS an inertia dyno, the eddie current dyno will give you lower numbers every time, you just need to look at what you gained from stock to modded once tuned. In your case the slip on, on a 700R doesn't do much more than the stock exhaust with the baffle out.
If you want more power you need to go to a full system and tune for it. When you say open intake, do you still have the stock filter with the lid of the airbox or do you have a high flow filter?

BTW Kiwi, killer torque on that beast for a 3 mod bike :thumbsup:
i removed the airbox completely. (im a welder) i made an aluminum adapter which i smoothed inside and out and polished. the filter is about 4" at the top 6" at the bottom and a good 6-7" tall with the outerwears prefilter over it.

bike runs dunes....thats it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts