Raptor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an appointment tomorrow morning to get my buddy on a dyno. I'm so stoked. Hope I'm not building myself up for some disappointing numbers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stuff that's in my sig.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's only 10 more than stock. I hope you're wrong on this one. I'm hoping for 65ish, but want in one hand, right?

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
That's only 10 more than stock. I hope you're wrong on this one. I'm hoping for 65ish, but want in one hand, right?
It's real hard to nearly double stock output without some SERIOUS mods (like boost). I'll bet with Willy, but go a bit higher: 47 - 50 ish.

Remember, you're measuring at the rear wheels, so it's after all the frictional losses from inside the engine, the tranny, chain, bearings and rubber.

Of course, it depends on the dyno and on who's doing it too - without a before/after on the same dyno, many are dissapointed.

BUT, Good luck - Let's see some high numbers!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
62.77 rwhp. Still here making some changes to the carbs, I'll throw up the dyno sheets later when I get home with the final numbers.

·
Registered
622 Posts
51.3 is my guess

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
62.77 rwhp. Still here making some changes to the carbs, I'll throw up the dyno sheets later when I get home with the final numbers.
That's a BIG number... nice!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here they are. I'm seriously impressed for a backyard build, on what the owner said was a stingy dyno.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Not bad for a motor we built on the patio out of a box of parts and case of beer...hahaha

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea, I gotta order another set of needles to try and bring up that rich spot on my fuel/air.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts