Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a local engine builder here in Amarillo that specializes in drag racing. He has a dyno (superflow) that they have been running some 4 wheelers on, a few raptors, 700xx, and a bunch of banshees. I only have my knobbys to use which will hold me back a little i guess. What AF ratio should i look for? Ive seen people say 13.1 to 13.5 across the board, Is that right? Im still working with a dobeck style controller which at the moment is running rich down low and mid range and lean up top. Atleast thats what the plug looks like. I just went to the 11.1 CP an trying to get it running as good as possible with what i got. I also got an iridium plug(CR8EIX) to try back to back with a regular ngk (CR8E). They suggested mixing some race gas but i shouldnt need it with my setup but i may try. Their giving me an 1 1/2 hour and or 3 to 4 pulls for $90. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
There is a local engine builder here in Amarillo that specializes in drag racing. He has a dyno (superflow) that they have been running some 4 wheelers on, a few raptors, 700xx, and a bunch of banshees. I only have my knobbys to use which will hold me back a little i guess. What AF ratio should i look for? Ive seen people say 13.1 to 13.5 across the board, Is that right? Im still working with a dobeck style controller which at the moment is running rich down low and mid range and lean up top. Atleast thats what the plug looks like. I just went to the 11.1 CP an trying to get it running as good as possible with what i got. I also got an iridium plug(CR8EIX) to try back to back with a regular ngk (CR8E). They suggested mixing some race gas but i shouldnt need it with my setup but i may try. Their giving me an 1 1/2 hour and or 3 to 4 pulls for $90. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Dynos do not check the A/F ratio, they give you imformation such as horsepower and torque at certain RPMs, A/F ratio meters determine what you are asking for, some dynos may be equiped with type of equipment though but you must alter the ratio yourself...........................

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They will be measuring the AF ratio and i will adjust with my controller.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The dyno I use has an a/f meter, and for FI bikes the tech adjusts the PC3/5 fuel tables to hit 13:1 or just a hair above.

·
Registered
323 Posts
most all dyno guys have house tires they keep next to the dyno'' to throw on bikes'' everyone ive seen anyway'' make sure your chain is clean and lubed up'' it will help alittle''

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Mines at 13.8 way down low and at 12.8 at wot at high rpms
I've been told by tons of tuners builders you wanna be fat down low and slightly lean on top for my style of riding. Very fast extreme trail mixed with 300' drags. I got power for days.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info. I dont know if they will have tires or not cause they mainly deal with drag cars that run mid 6s to 8s. But their dyno guy owns a raptor so hopefully they will have a good idea of whats going on. Im really wanting to know if the tuner i have will keep up on the main jet setting. Well see...

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Spider-Lōc;993635 said:
Mines at 13.8 way down low and at 12.8 at wot at high rpms
I've been told by tons of tuners builders you wanna be fat down low and slightly lean on top for my style of riding. Very fast extreme trail mixed with 300' drags. I got power for days.
Hate to break it to you but 13.8 is lean and 12.8 is rich. This is just the opposite of what you said you were told you wanted.

Personally I'd run right around 13.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Hate to break it to you but 13.8 is lean and 12.8 is rich. This is just the opposite of what you said you were told you wanted.

Personally I'd run right around 13.
I'm at 12.93 I think the sheet says it got wet from a soda sitting on it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When i said main jet i was referring to the 3rd pot on the dobeck controller. I have it maxed out at the moment. I need to just buy a PC3 and then take it to the dyno but i dont want to spend any more money on it. Im more interested in the AF ratio rather than the hp numbers.

·
Sand Slinger Extraordinaire
234 Posts
In your first post, you state that they are only going to give you 3-4 pulls? If that's the case, make sure your engine is definately up to temp before making a pull! The a/f graph can change significantly from pulls made initially, to pulls made after the engine has had time to heat soak.

Just my .02

Kris

1 - 16 of 16 Posts