Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I tune on a hot day say 98 with 98% humidity will it affect numbers if I tuned on same dyno at 65 with 20% humidity? If so explain as I don't quite understand.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Most dynos will not effect the numbers. Most have a weather station which takes into account air density and corrects your numbers to read on par with other correction factors. But in a real world situation yes it does affect your power.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Spider unfortunately the weather does change the performance and A/F. I had tuned my rappy near perfect via the sparkplug when the weather was dry and hot (85 or hotter) and when I went out on a 65 degree humid day the plug came out black after the ride. I guess the only remedy would be an auto-tune.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
Spider unfortunately the weather does change the performance and A/F. I had tuned my rappy near perfect via the sparkplug when the weather was dry and hot (85 or hotter) and when I went out on a 65 degree humid day the plug came out black after the ride. I guess the only remedy would be an auto-tune.
That's odd, the IAT and MAP sensor on the Raptor should account for a change like that. And you would be suprised how a dry 85+ day can be close to a 65 humid day in air density, since the more humid the day the less air you're getting into your intake charge.... Now your bike has me pondering :lol:

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So should I have it tuned in Florida at crazy heat and humidity. That or drive a couple hundred miles longer and have it dyno'd closer to home less humid by EHS instead of Walsh race craft.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't find a dyno in 400 miles of me,lol I usually dyno in Florida but was thinking North Carolina,because it's more like where most riding done elevation wise and humidity wise. Plus I hear Eric knows his shit.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What did he charge?

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
The weather does play a factor by what Ive seen. Bikes that are rode in the south need a touch more fuel in the tune than say bikes rode out west.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks fellas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts