Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I found a guy local that has a dyno that he says he can run my bike on with no issues. But he has never ran a atv of anytype on it. He also says that he has fooled with PC3 on street bikes before but isnt too confident with them. Or didnt sound that way to me.

So my question is. If I take my bike to him and let him fool with it with a map that has been sent to me from HDD or TQS to start from what are the odds he will do good or harm?

If its close the biggest thing is just adjusting for afr right?

I will not let him touch the ignition.

he has lots of experience with import tuner cars.

Should I do it? I have always heard that mail order tunes are nothing compared to a dyno tune.

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Do it, if hes worth half his weight as a car tuner he can do up your Raptor. Go ahead and have a base map that close already in there and tell him they like to be a touch fat down low and a touch lean up high(like most large bore/engines).

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Also has anyone ever used a afr probe that sticks in the tail pipe? are they good to tune with at home? Kinda like an auto tune?

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
The wideband that goes in the tailpipe will work. Thats how I tuned my car and I'm going to be tuning my raptor tomorrow on the dyno with a wideband in the tailpipe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts