Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to dyno tune my Raptor. I have a question for you guys. Anyone have any experience with Two Brother Racing in Southern California? They are the closest ATV dyno place to me. (I live in San Diego) My other question is when I look on the PowerCommander website it lists "Approved Tuning Centers" and whether they are a "Tuning Link Software Center." What is a "Tuning Link Software Center"? If a shop is listed as an "Approved Tuning Center" and NOT a "Tuning Link Software Center", will they still be able to create a custom map?

I bought my PCIII from Fuel Moto (great price and service). Jamie had to make a guess on a map for my Duncan Pipe which I think he did a good job at. I get an occasional decel pop with a little sputtering, so I would like to get it fine tuned.

Also, If anyone has info on any other shops that can create a dyno custom map for me in Southern California or Arizona, that would be appreciated.......Thanks

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
They should be able to do it........

remember to put street tires or some type of flat tire on the rear for the dyno instead of the off road ones. it will give a better read and will show more hp on the dyno as well....

·
Registered
250 Posts
Anyone know if there is any Dyno's in Ohio around Mansfield area? I plan on getting LTE's, K&N with prodesign intake, not sure on fuel commander yet I'm between PC3 and the one that LTE sells for their pipes.... :help:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i made the mistake of buying the Vortex EFI Interceptor from Duncan Racing. it was suppossedly programmed specifically for my duncan exhaust. POS. i can tell you right now, with the Fuelmoto map that Jamie set up for me, the throttle response and power is far superior with the PCIII. from someone like me who made the mistake of going with a different brand controller, DON'T DO IT. Go with the PCIII

·
Registered
250 Posts
Based on what I have heard and seen in the different posts I will end up going with the PC3. So who has gotten the best price for one of these units and how much??? I have to take mine to be put on by a yamaha certified tech so it doesn't void my 2yr extended warranty. I ride hard so I figured I better get it. Does anyone know if I have it put on a dyno if that does anything to my warranty? :unsure: and thanks for helping on the decision on the PC3 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Albaaction has a dyno in poway , ca. off the 15

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that glamis700 guy said don't bother going to alba for dyno tuning services. plus, they do not have the proper power commander equipment to properly tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts