Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been making some phone calls to see if there are any shops in my area that are set up to dyno tune ATV's. I got hold of one, I've read out in the post of several people dynoing there bikes so I'm hoping for some good responces.

This sounds a little unresonable to me what do you think;

350.00 to tune and create a map and they say they need the bike for a week. (that aint going to happen)

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
The closest to me according to Power Commanders site is charging $350 also...... :confused:

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
If I dyno tuned that would be the most I would charge. Your using a very expensive piece of equipment, hardware, and software much less the now how so how much is it worth to you. Thats the going rate to dyno tune Corvettes/Firebirds/Camaros as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ive never paid over 250 in or near ohio .. it is a expensive piece of equipment but it does'nt take half as long as it used to with the tuning link..
ask how much they charge per hour next time.. it shouldnt take more than 2 hrs.. much less a week

·
Registered
511 Posts
150 to 250 max...but ur at an independant shop and they can chanrge 600 if they want to. You can also drive 300 miles away and find a diff. one.

CApt

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could deal with the 350.00, but I find it difficult to believe that they need my bike for a week, especialy after they told me theve done a couple of 700's already. they should have the map and it should be about tweeking it for my bike.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Alba wanted 180 bucks when I called them, that was tuning with 3 runs.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Given that in OZ we have to pay an arm & a leg for anything Quad related, $250 Aus (around $200 of your stuff) for a custom tune is good value.

Thats for as may runs as it takes to get it right :thumbsup:

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
LRD in Oregon saidthey would charge me 150 for the first 1.5 hours and 60 bucks there after. Seem like a good deal, but their guy has never had formal training, but they have a new Dyno and the Tuninkg link software, with a brief training session after they bought it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
arizona shops with dyno's are anywhere from 100-150 to dyno tune your bike...

·
Registered
180 Posts
I paid $75.00 to have my 546R dyno'd at KBR in Salt Lake City.....

·
Registered
180 Posts
You should give Kam a call. Great guy. I'm not sure if I just got a great price because he was building my motor or not.... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I payed a 180.00 and the guy really didn't know what he was doing. Ended up comeing home and downloading a map from Dynojet. I'd really like take it to good dyno guy to get a better map done but I don't of one real close so I'm probably going to get a lm1.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I live in Western Australia the guy here charges $300 AU but hes really good and knows his stuff and only needs my bike for a day , Snowman might want to check your hour meter before handing your bike over sounds like they are going riding this weekend with your bike . I cant see why it should take a week that sounds fishy to me !!.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Crafty Steve said:
I live in Western Australia the guy here charges $300 AU but hes really good and knows his stuff and only needs my bike for a day , Snowman might want to check your hour meter before handing your bike over sounds like they are going riding this weekend with your bike . I cant see why it should take a week that sounds fishy to me !!.
Sounds like some fools that ain't dynoing my bike. got a map for it and found a place to tweek it + 3 runs for a 100.00. and I'll make sure they know it,and let them know that anyone I know that needs there bike dynoed need not got there...:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.