Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found a shop that will dyno my 2 raptors.. both have Pro-Design Pro Flow, Protec MoFlow and PCIII, one of them is sitting on an HMF Sport Series with no sparky no quiet core, the other on a White Brothers Aluminum Pro II and 15T sprocket which i installed yesterday and speed sensor disconnected...

To comment on the WB exhaust.. after installation it seems that the fit is not as good as the HMF.. i will post pics as soon as i get them so i can show you guys the difference.. i think maybe it's partly cuz they got a huge sticker on the box that says "Fits 2007" i don't know.. but anyway.. sound wise i thought the WB will be much louder than the HMF, but thats not so.. the HMF seems to be a tad bit louder.. but i wouldn't really use that as a comparison since the mapping on the PCIII is much better for the HMF than the WB.. the WB has no map at all.. as for HP results.. this will be an unbiased comparison since both quads will go on the same dyno and both have the same mods except for 15T sprocket and SS disconnected.. dunno if that will make a difference since third gear will be different on both bikes.. if anybody knows.. are the raptors dyno'd on 3rd gear??.. i will post dyno sheets and pics as soon as they are available.. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
To be more unbiased you'd need to have dyno'd both of them stock, then dyno based on mods to find the % gain each. Nonetheless, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
....and you need your quad with the WB pipe to be running right! You said you didnt have a map...does that mean its running the stock map right now, or are you using another map that would probably be close?
How does it run, and what does the plug look like?
For dyno reasons I would put the 14T back on it.....I bet you see a drop in power with the 15. reason being is you are going to be getting max traction (especially if using slicks which will give you very accurate numbers). Both should be geared the same.
the reason the 15T is so much faster in the real world is because your not spinning nearly as much, and you are putting the power to the ground. On a dyno this is a moot point.

With your 15T on there and most likely a not so well tuned PCIII due to the lack of a map, you are probably going to see lower numbers from it. Then if there is any difference in tires that are used you will see a difference from that too.
Say you are running stockers and he is running HD's.....your bike will have an advantage. HOPEFULLY they have a set of slicks you guys can use.
Anyway, have fun......just wanted to give some pointers :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rich807 said:
To be more unbiased you'd need to have dyno'd both of them stock, then dyno based on mods to find the % gain each. Nonetheless, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
Yes you're right.. but this is the best i can do.. it would be perfect if they will go on the same quad

135boom said:
....and you need your quad with the WB pipe to be running right! You said you didnt have a map...does that mean its running the stock map right now, or are you using another map that would probably be close?
How does it run, and what does the plug look like?
Yes it's not running right, i'm using a map from the PCIII website for when i had the stock exhaust with baffle removed... but i forgot to mention that the reason both quads are going on the dyno is to be dyno tuned... so all will be well.. I hope

135boom said:
For dyno reasons I would put the 14T back on it.....I bet you see a drop in power with the 15. reason being is you are going to be getting max traction (especially if using slicks which will give you very accurate numbers). Both should be geared the same.
the reason the 15T is so much faster in the real world is because your not spinning nearly as much, and you are putting the power to the ground. On a dyno this is a moot point.

With your 15T on there and most likely a not so well tuned PCIII due to the lack of a map, you are probably going to see lower numbers from it. Then if there is any difference in tires that are used you will see a difference from that too.
Say you are running stockers and he is running HD's.....your bike will have an advantage. HOPEFULLY they have a set of slicks you guys can use.
Anyway, have fun......just wanted to give some pointers :thumbsup:
thanks for givin me a heads up on the taller gearing issue.. i will have to research that some more and see if it will affect anything.. i'll have my 14T in hand in case they tell me that it would be better.. a quick swap wouldn't hurt.. as for tires.. they got a set of slicks so that should not be a problem.. i just hope i don't get too drunk wednesday and totally miss thursday :beer: :wootwoot: w0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,586 Posts
cool...sounds like you got it figured out! I will be curious for the results, as I am sure you are too!

The 15T WILL effect the numbers, but I dont know by how much. Think if you put an 18 tooth front sprocket on it ( not that there is such a thing, just an example)...the engine would spool up so slow, and have such a hard time getting to any kind of peak hp.

I would put the 14 back on for dyno purposes....then put it back on later. OR, leave it off...you and your buddy with stock gearing race...then put it on and see the difference! :thumbsup:
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top