Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my fuel controller and full HMF exhaust on my wheeler and seem to have it tuned relatively good right now (seems to be running ok). I am still a little nervous that in may be running lean. The plug color doesn't look bad but I am wanting to get a wideband hooked up just to make sure everything is set ok. The guy would like to have it under load, so we are going to put it on the dyno to provide some load on the bike. The thing is, its a dynojet for cars so the drum weighs 4000lbs and the guy said dynojet didn't recommend putting motorbikes and ATV's on them. After he said that, the same dyno he now owns was used before at bike shows so I'm thinking it should be ok to run it on the dyno but just wanted to see what some of you had to say. I couldn't find much on here but I am going to continue to do some searching around.

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done a little searching online and it looks like guys have done it on a car dynos and seem to be ok. I'm looking forward to getting on the dyno monday.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have setup and used my Raptor as a puller and did ATV pulls for several years, the sled weighed about 8000lbs and pulled it at speeds aproaching 20mph in first gear, it is similar to tractor pulling...........
Just be cautious with the clutch and get the engine hot first, a cold clutch burns faster then a hot clutch...........:)

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking once the dyno was rolling it wouldn't be too bad. I'll just take it easy and get it up into 4th gear.

·
Valley Boy
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the dynojet did fine. Glad to have the wideband. Took a little adjustment but noting too major. Not sure if these are good numbers for a HMF exhaust and K&N filter but I'm sure its more power than I had stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts