Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what carb kit you guys recommend....Anyone ever compared both..??...Are the needles the same in both kits..???

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I've had them both. I currently run the DJ kit. But when I bought the DJ kit there was another problem with my floats and I didn't know it until after installing the DJ kit. So I can't say anythings wrong with the Vito kit. The Vito kit is nice because it comes with the air mixture screws.

·
Master of the Electron
15,667 Posts
Vitos - comes with all mains needed, 25 pilots, good needles AND extended fuel screws, so you can adjust them with carbs on the bike.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i would get the vitos i have the dj kit and its not worth the $90 bucks or whatever i paid for it,they do not come with the piolt jets either.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just installed the Vito's kit last weekend on my 01 660 after my rebuild. The extended fuel screws are a necessity when tuning IMO. Shipping was very fast also... I ordered straight from Vito's Performance. I can't say anything about Dynojet... no experience here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ibought the Dyno and wasn't worth the money i paid for it either. I only used 2 of the 8 main jets it came with and it didin't come with any pilots.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
If you paid 90 bucks for any jet kit you got ripped off. There is 8 of them for sale on ebay for under 65 buck. 3 of them have free shipping.

I would run a dynojet over a vito's. They have put time and money to R&D their kit. They build dynoes. I am sure they found some time to run different combos on the a dyno. The dynojet kit also comes with different slide springs.

FMF, K&N, Moose are all relables dynojet kits.

A genuine Yamaha GYTR would be my other option.

The fuel screws is was sells vitos kit. I dont have a problem adjusting the OEM fuel screws with a cordless drill / screwdrive straight screw dirver bit.

·
Registered
284 Posts
+1 for Dynojet, even if they don't include pilots. I think I paid 7$ for #25's from the dealer. I can adjust my fuel screws from the bottom no problem.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I run the Vito's kit...I love the extended fuel screws after trying to adj the stock screws with a right angle bit driver I torqued the tip right off one lodging in the carb which is NOT fun to get out...I didn't realize it was broke until pulled the carbs to install the Vito's screws.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dynojet doesnt include pilots, is more expensive, doesnt have the higher jets some of us use, and its recommended here on the forums to use the stock springs instead of the DJ ones.

Vito's has up to 165 mains, fuel screws, and pilots....and they use Mikuni jets so you dont have to play the guessing game with the jet sizes.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Dynojet's has the equivilant jets of any mikuni jet kit.

A 148dj main is in the neighborhood of a 165 mikuni. There is no guessing game if you know how to properly jet a pair of carbs. It is trial and error. I would see it being a guessing game if you just want to get on here and ask "what jets do I use" and slap in what everybody says to use and call it good.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I using the vito's my Raptor and so far so good, and I have the DJ kit on my warrior, and it is doing good there also, I guess it is all about what you want. I do enjoy the mixture screws too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts