Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got hmf full exhaust and they recomend mikuni small 150 in the left and 155 in the right. i found a conversion table and it said 150 mikuni was equal to a 160 dynojet and 155 was equal to 165. my dyno jet kit didnt come with that big of jets. but it says in the manual that i have a stage 2 jet kit for full exhaust. what should i do

·
Registered
827 Posts
visit your local dealer and get the mikuni mains for like 4.50 a piece. if your pipe recomends mikuni then i would try those first as they have done all the work at the manufacturer in tuning it with that exhaust. JMO

·
Registered
299 Posts
i would use the dyno-jet kit since u already have it, just pull out the old instructions and re-jet according to elevation/mods.
Basic stage 2 dyno-jet kit comes with jets up to 148-150 i believe and im pretty sure thier flow number instead of sized like mikunis are so thier usually "smaller" then mikunis (think prime expample is the jets that come in stage 2 dyno-jet kits which are designed for piped/intake are all in 140's range and most pipe-jetted bikes using mikunis are 160-165+)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Also, the conversion table most commonly found floating around is backwards. The mikuni and dynojets names are on the wrong sides.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Not many conversion table out there are correct, all the way through. If you are going to use the DJ kit, i would run a 146/148 combo. If you run mikuni jets, i would run a 160/165 to start. You will probably have to adjust this per your needs.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
krauss, what is your altitude? I run 150/155 but I'm at about 4700 feet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts