Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fuel?"

well, in 5 years I'll probably have gone through two more quads. Have to stay up to date ya know..ha ha.. By then there will probably be a raptor 800.....or maybe they will get around to doing the new bansee with the phazer 500 twin motor.
I will say again, I am not disagreeing with you, and I am sure in the long run these connectors will rust and act up. So will a lot of things on the quad for that matter though....things wear out. But I am with ya 100% to avoid those things. I am pretty anal about my stuff, it always is having to look brand new. I might just go pick up a new connector. What should I get?? I am NO electricion by any means...ha ha.

Anyway, my only point is, this isnt a crisis. None of us are going to be out there in the next few months and have a failure......not if you installed it like I did. But for the long run, YES, I agree, something should be done to correct it before it starts getting all corroded.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fu

My radio shack down the road from my house has some water proof crimps, with heat shrink tubing at the ends, so you assemble it, crimp it, then shrink it and it's all pre-made to work. If you can't find one, then at least do this: Get some heat shrink tubing, wax (a candle works great) and some regular barrel crimp connectors (makes a smoother transition than the splice things). slide the shrink wrap over the wires, then slip the ends into the barrel crimper and crimp both sides. Slide the shrink wrap tube over the connection and shrink the side with ONE wire going in to it. Light the candle, or use a lighter to melt the wax and let it drip into the open end of the connector. You don't need to fill it completely, but put enough in that when you shrink it, the wax will melt and fill the connector, and hopefully some will squish out the open end, indicating that the connector is full. It's most important to get the wax in the end with two wires, because the shrink tubing will not close the tiny triangular spaces on either side of where the two wires meet.

Finally, electrical tape is designed to get sticky when it gets warm, and naturally forms a barrier against water. If all else fails, wrap the connection as tightly as possible with electrical tape. If you stretch the tape just a tiny bit as you wrap it, it will contract against the wires pulling them close and tight, and forming a waterproof barrier to the outside. Wrap at least 2" past the connector in each direction for a good seal. Use high quality electrical tape rather than the cheap stuff, as it doesn't have as much adhesive, and doesn't form as good of a seal.

-SS

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fuel?"

I got a question about maps.. I got a yoshimura slip on with no spark arrestor.... but theres no map for the "yosh slip on" itself... Are most slip ons pretty much the same thing? Should I just run my PC with a map for a different slip on?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

LNS said:
I got a question about maps.. I got a yoshimura slip on with no spark arrestor.... but theres no map for the "yosh slip on" itself... Are most slip ons pretty much the same thing? Should I just run my PC with a map for a different slip on?
I answered you previously via PM, but I wanted to share this info with others as well.

I'm kind of in the same boat, with my Akrapovic full system. I tried a few of the maps, uploaded it to the PC III, go for a ride, repeat, write down some notes, and then picked the best one of them all. For myself I ended up using the HMF racing baffle map.

For your setup, just try the slip on maps, do not try the full system maps since your still using the OEM header pipe and have no intake mod, but ride with out the lid for now. If you do not want to try that, then just upload the following maps or should I say that I am narrowing these down for you try one of the following, it will be better than the OEM zero map:

M416-004
2006 Raptor 700 EFI
LRD slip-on exhaust
Stock air filter
Stock airbox

M416-008
2006 Yamaha Raptor 700
White Brothers slip-on exhaust
Stock air filter

M416-017
2006 Yamaha Raptor 700
Bub Moto C4 slip-on
Stock air filter
Stock airbox

M416-022
2006 Raptor 700 EFI
Pro Cicuit T4 slip-on
Stock air filter
Stock airbox

M416-036
2006 Raptor 700 EFI
Jardine slip-on
Stock air filter
Stock airbox

M416-040
2006 Raptor 700 EFI
Two Brothers slip-on
Stock air filter
Stock airbox

You could go ahead and try the above out, go for a ride and write down some notes, and then pick the best one.

I just compared all of the maps, and # 22 is the richest one, I think if you want to play it safe, just download:

M416-022
2006 Raptor 700 EFI
Pro Cicuit T4 slip-on
Stock air filter
Stock airbox

Then upload it to the Power Commander and your done. At least if I didn't want to go thru the hassle of upload, download, go for a ride, write notes and then hopefully remember which 1 is the best if you want to play it safe, just use the one I just recommended above.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Peace.
Mr. C

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

Got my responses directly from DynoJet today:

What's the advantage of the ignition module, what does it do exactly?

The Ignition Module allows you to advance or retard the timing up to 10 degrees over the stock timing curve and will also allow you to increase the rev limiter. In our testing so far advancing the timing has made a dramatic gain in power, more so than the PCIII! Release is still about 3-4 weeks out.

Why is the Quick Shifter only prefered to work in a race situation or dry condition?

It has never been tested in wet or extremely dirty conditions so we are not sure how it will hold up.

Its great getting these responses directly from the source of a company. So if anyone else has any DynoJet questions, feel free to ask as I can alweays shoot an e-mail to DynoJet.

Thanks,

Mr. C

·
Registered
69 Posts

I received my Power Commander. What I need to know if I still have to hook up a lap top even though the Power Commander was mapped by Fuwl Moto to my Raptor specs or the laptop is only when downloading new maps?

·
Registered
69 Posts

Nevermind. I got your email Thanks man.

·
Registered
287 Posts

Is this mod worth doing right out of the gate...with NO previous mods done? What are the downfalls of this setup, except for the $300 missing from your bank account? :grin_nod:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #49

jwaked said:
I received my Power Commander. What I need to know if I still have to hook up a lap top even though the Power Commander was mapped by Fuwl Moto to my Raptor specs or the laptop is only when downloading new maps?
Heres what I sent you:

No problem, I just got back from Pismo Beach, sorry for the late response. You only need connect the PC III to the laptop only whenever you want to put a new map or change the Accelerator Pump feature. If you need any other assistance, feel free to hit me up, I would prefer by PM.

Peace.
Mr. C

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

ChiknNutz said:
Is this mod worth doing right out of the gate...with NO previous mods done? What are the downfalls of this setup, except for the $300 missing from your bank account? :grin_nod:
Its all positive with this setup, but its $259.00 with free priority shipping from Fuel moto USA, not $300, as long as you say your a Raptorforum.com member. If you can afford it, I would do it now, so you'll be ready to get your other mods in, but that is the best starting point and will make sure that your engine is not damaged at all by running lean. But if you want to run stock, thats fine, just make sure that you get this first, before doing an intake or exhaust mod.

Peace.
Mr. C

·
Registered
69 Posts

Hey CaliRaptor700r, I installed the PC this weekend. Got to tell you, your instrucctions make it way to easy the install. It almost feels like cheating. The only thing (which should not be a problem for anyone) is that you don´t mention the cable that goes to the negative side of the battery. Besides that, your instrucctions are awsome. thanks for taking the time.
The thing pulls hard. I cannot accelerate all the way in 1st, too much torque, I will be installing the 15T sprocket in about a week.

Once again, Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
226 Posts

Where do I look for maps?

·
Registered
226 Posts

Which map should I be running with:
1) Stock Exhaust
2) ProFlow Intake
3) ProTec Airbox Lid

·
Registered
69 Posts

sounds like it, unless you took the spark arrestor out and modded the stock exhaust

·
Registered
10 Posts

Another question about maps for the PC.

Which map should I use:
1) Stock Exhaust (spark arrestor removed)
2) GYTR Intake
3) GYTR Airfilter (lid removed)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fu

And if someone has extra mods like cams and head porting, or big bore whick map should download, because i have seen that all maps are for exhaust, air filter and air box lid removed or not. Should i make custom configurations?

·
Registered
361 Posts

Does anybody know when powercommander is gona release the ignition add on?

·
Registered
72 Posts
PLEASE HELP pwer commander not responding

hey guys
i hope someone can help me out here. i just got my gytr muffler and air filter plus adapter.
i installed everything.
i tried to upload the file for these mods to the power commander, its not working.
it pulls up serial.
everynow and then it brings up rpm, and then goes back to "---"
when i try to send map it says "send failed, problem sending to power commander.

I bought a 9v battery, and iam getting hte same msg.

i tried to reset it
"error retrieving powercommander map"

any ideas anyone?

:3question:

·
Registered
7 Posts

Yes I had the very same problem. Make sure you push the USB cable into the Power Commander ALL THE WAY. I thought I had the USB cable in but I did not. Push it real hard, harder than you think necessary the USB virtually SNAPS into place.

I was then able to upload my maps to my PC.

Believe me it was a very frustrating hour figuring out why I could not get the computer to communicate with the PC.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts