Raptor Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fuel?"

camaross82 said:
Does anybody know when powercommander is gona release the ignition add on?
There have been issues with the Ignition Module, and there still ironing them out. Hopefully it will be around April/May when it comes out. Hold on tight, it will be here, eventually.

Thanks,
Mr. C

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fuel?"

hi i was just installed the power commander very easily due to your great report. I do have a couple questions though. When i plug the usb port into my pc it reads it and has the rpm and throttle position correct. Im using
M416-022
2006 Raptor 700 EFI
Pro Cicuit T4 slip-on
Stock air filter
Stock airbox

Its loaded on the screen i was wondering if that is all i have to do and if the power commander and quad itself knows what im running. The settings on the power commander it self are all at the bottom by the
-fuel the lights rise as my rpms rise to is this right? or am i running way to lean and gonna wreck somthing. Any feedback would be great thankx.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

700yellowraptor said:
CaliRaptor700r nice job :beer:
No problem, anytime!!!

Peace.
Mr. C

·
Registered
261 Posts

About two or three pages of this thread are 'discussions' of the splice that had to be done on the PCIII installation. Well, I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but it is no longer needed. I got my PCIII the other day, and the only connection other than direct plug-ins is a ground wire that is hooked directly to the negative battery terminal. Thanks Dynojet! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9 Posts

JJ46 said:
About two or three pages of this thread are 'discussions' of the splice that had to be done on the PCIII installation. Well, I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but it is no longer needed. I got my PCIII the other day, and the only connection other than direct plug-ins is a ground wire that is hooked directly to the negative battery terminal. Thanks Dynojet! :thumbsup:
yea, just installed mine last week.

piece of cake. To bad there isn't a map for the twin DMC exhaust

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: DynoJet Power Commander - Installation & Review - "Is your 700r thirsty 4 fu

RaptorRandy27 said:
air said:
Wiring issues from corrosion take time, water, mud etc to develope and they will.
Its not about now its about a few years from now.
For the $$$ one spends on a PC3 why wouldnt they put a better connector on it.

Air, they don't gear their installs to people like you and I, they gear them for the mechanically/electrically challenged general public. If you bought one you would solder it up and put heat shrink tubing on it, so it's really no big deal. ( I know shit like this bugs me to ;)) I rarley use any of the connectors supplied with any electrical component, I prefer ancor marine grade connectors that you can shrink with a heat gun or pocket torch when your finished, the same as you would do with heat shrink tube only you don't need the heat shrink tube or the solder. They work slicker than owl shit and have been proven for years in harsh marine enviroments 8)
I'm an electrician,.......what he said,:haha:......if it's custom,......make it custom,......but do it right,.....make it last 50 years,.....duct tape and bondo,.......

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks like I'll be following this write up! Hopefully I can solve my super hot pipes, sometimes you can see them glowing red...anybody else have this problem? I have the HMF full exhaust system on my raptor 700 2009 model

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Jesus, it has to be running lean if they're glowing! What does your plug look like? I bet that sucker is white!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Jesus, it has to be running lean if they're glowing! What does your plug look like? I bet that sucker is white!
No matter how much fuel you throw at a raptor the head pipes will glow red hot when sitting think about how hot fuel burns? Trust me even factory brand new they glow, mine were glowing first start out of the box on the showroom floor i asked the yama tech and he said its just how it is. Even after putting a controller on mine they still glow, just make sure your plug isnt white better to have it a cinnamon color.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
No matter how much fuel you throw at a raptor the head pipes will glow red hot when sitting think about how hot fuel burns? Trust me even factory brand new they glow, mine were glowing first start out of the box on the showroom floor i asked the yama tech and he said its just how it is. Even after putting a controller on mine they still glow, just make sure your plug isnt white better to have it a cinnamon color.
Hmmmm, are the head pipes like 18 gauge or something? My Big gun pipes on my 03 don't glow, they're ceramic coated. They get hot as all get out, and up in the 800ºF range but no glowing.

·
GARAGE CULTURE
3,723 Posts
Hmmmm, are the head pipes like 18 gauge or something? My Big gun pipes on my 03 don't glow, they're ceramic coated. They get hot as all get out, and up in the 800ºF range but no glowing.
Very common, I have read it many times on here people mentioning glowing red headers. My bike is stock amd it does the same, not bright red, but you can see it in the dark, its red.

I have also used liquid form metal polish (Brasso) to shine the headers up, but one ride they are dull again! So they really are heat affected, although not to the detriment of anything.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts