Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all< just wondering if a dynotech ignition would benefit my Rappy at all with my current mods.. thanks

·
Registered
587 Posts
I would think so.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Yes it will definetly benefit you! Contact DL700 to get the programmable version with his custom curves preloaded.
Also get rid of that billet case saver before you have a derailment. It will not save your case at all. Get the polyeurathane one made by either UPP or T.M. designworks.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I added my dynatek by itself after I had the head ported and polished, cam, and piston. I personally did not feel a difference in the power. I am not saying it didn't add anything, just wasn't noticable. I would go with a cam before I would do a dynatek IMO.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
I added my dynatek by itself after I had the head ported and polished, cam, and piston. I personally did not feel a difference in the power. I am not saying it didn't add anything, just wasn't noticable. I would go with a cam before I would do a dynatek IMO.
agreed, i think your jumping the gun on the dyna. get a good head, cam, piston first. if your just lookin to get rid of the speed limiter, just do the mod.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it will definetly benefit you! Contact DL700 to get the programmable version with his custom curves preloaded.
Also get rid of that billet case saver before you have a derailment. It will not save your case at all. Get the polyeurathane one made by either UPP or T.M. designworks.
i thought thats as the whole point of a case saver??

·
Speed's Best Friend
1,321 Posts
I have big 3 but no motor work. I have a pc5 and recently had my quad dynoed I picked up 7 HP in the high rpm range from switching from 2 to 3. I only have the stock curves even though it is programmable.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I had it on my sikk 6 which is big3 + dynatek + hc3 + +3tb = 6 mods it really smoothed the powerband out and kills the top speed limiter.

·
Registered
615 Posts
i thought thats as the whole point of a case saver??
The billet ones do not absorb the impact of the chain hitting the case when the chain comes off, it transfers that energy directly to the case. I have seen several people on the boards run the billet type and if the chain came off it broke the mounts for the case saver off. The polyurathane absorbs that energy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts