Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this has been brought up. Has anyone done an e-85 tune on a 3 mod bike? Just wondering. I'm doing an argumenative paper for my comp 2 class and i'm doing it on Bio fuels. "E-85 and Bio Diesel." Just got me thinking about useing it in the bike.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
havent done a 3 mod bike yet... what are u wondering?
Im sure it would run well///
600 cc injector range

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was just wondering if the increase in performance would be worth paying to put my bike on a dyno to get it tuned. It cost about the same as gas but is consumed quicker. Im aware the potential hazards to the fuel system. I was just thinking it'd be nice to have the map on my laptop and be able to dump e-85 in when the tank is empty and have a lil edge on other 3 mod bikes. But if a bigger injector is required on basically a stock bike then I couldn't just switch back an forth. I thought the dwell could be increased enough on the stock injector. As i was wrighting this i was thinking it all out. My initial thought was "free" HP but new injector plus tune = not free. lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
I run and tune high performance Mazda rotary engines.
E-85 is a time bomb.
From my experience engines don't last when tuned to make big power on E-85.
The fuel is very inconsistent in quality.
I wouldn't run it in my lawn mower.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
for a bike around 50 hp the gain would only be slight... maybe 1 hp and 1 tq, u would benefit more if the compression were higher in the bike, there is really no Free hp.... Maybe lube your chain more ofter,, that can be a Hp or 2...check Toe in/out and front tire pressure can give an advantage for free

u Could dump in mrx01 mr12 or u4 without changing anything but at a cost

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just way over thinking it in class tonight as I read through articles. I didn't think it would increase much more than one or two hp anyway.

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
14:1 compression with a HC3 and some e85 would make mid-high 60's for cheap!!
No doubt...... Like i said i was over thinking it. I got plans for the bike when i'm done with school in less than a year. I'm gonna make some turbo guys cry!! "yes you lang and sand an twister" :D No offense to you DL as i respect you, but it's gonna happen with a local guy. Looking at my location i'm sure you can figure it out. If i ever find myself residing on your end of the country i'll come see you cause I respect you.... "again." But for now i gotta give to my local guy cause our neck of the woods... "lol woods, i miss our FL homeboy" needs it. An not cause he needs it but it's about pride where i grew up. "Hes 15 min away from me, where i grew up.. Lotsa pride in this area" See Michal Moores documentary's! Ok not all of them, but Roger an Me, YES!. Again like i said no disrespect. Thanks for the input i was just over thinking a lot while reading articles in class tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
No doubt...... Like i said i was over thinking it. I got plans for the bike when i'm done with school in less than a year. I'm gonna make some turbo guys cry!! "yes you lang and sand an twister" :D No offense to you DL as i respect you, but it's gonna happen with a local guy. Looking at my location i'm sure you can figure it out. If i ever find myself residing on your end of the country i'll come see you cause I respect you.... "again." But for now i gotta give to my local guy cause our neck of the woods... "lol woods, i miss our FL homeboy" needs it. An not cause he needs it but it's about pride where i grew up. "Hes 15 min away from me, where i grew up.. Lotsa pride in this area" See Michal Moores documentary's! Ok not all of them, but Roger an Me, YES!. Again like i said no disrespect. Thanks for the input i was just over thinking a lot while reading articles in class tonight.
You better bolt a jet engine to the back of your quad if you want to see anything but my roost ;).

·
Registered
664 Posts
LOL BRING IT!!!!!!! and then some...lol... my trail bike is waiting for ya. :rofl: :turbo1:

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You better bolt a jet engine to the back of your quad if you want to see anything but my roost ;).
Are you saying I'm fat? i am but come one now. :D

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL BRING IT!!!!!!! and then some...lol... my trail bike is waiting for ya. :rofl: :turbo1:
If I can't keep up with ya then i'll just trick ya cause i'll have my aids in an you won't and you'll not hear/ misunderstand the conversation and i'll be making laps an you'll be sitting on the strip waiting. ;)

·
The Moose Rider
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
O no what did you start:stir:
What are you doing in here no one said anything about slow 660's. ya ya you beat me. Are you calling me fat too?

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
What are you doing in here no one said anything about slow 660's. ya ya you beat me. Are you calling me fat too?
Yeah you did get beat by a old slow 660:rofl: What is up with that anyway:D I will say it will have to be a big motor build I would think to beat them turbo raptor, Not much was coming close to them when I seen the 2 run. Might have to put my Raptor on more of a diet(Me to:lol:) if I'm gonna do more Drag racing there, Lots of fast stuff there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.