Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a Trail/Dune build we just did, Very cheap Hp and Tq for the money. :thumb:

Build is 2010 Raptor 700
Monster Duals
MSD Blaster Fuel/ignition controller
FCI INTAKE KIT
Cuervo Racing Stock Valve port(stock springs)
Hotcams Stage 3
14:1 Cp piston
Cuervo +3 mm throttle body bore
Cuervo HD clutch kit
Denso 600 CC injector
E85 Fuel ($3.49 Gal.)

FOR more info or to get this Build GIVE US A [email protected]@

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
wheres the timing to handle crappy gas and high compression?
The mds blaster is fuel controller and timing for the ignition. Daniel has awesome custom curves for your build.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
E85 has plenty of octane ,,, timing controlled by MSD ... added timing to this one

·
Registered
2 Posts
DL what would be the best injector for my build? And are these injector's hard to install? Can i run them on 110?

·
Registered
55 Posts
high compression

I'm working with lucky700 to build a 60-70hp engine.
5050 cam, springs
stock valves
port to match +tb ( probly cuervo tb )
11.5 tech piston
+5 crank
pc5
dmc force 4 dual
prodesign with k&n

Can I run a 12.5 piston on pump gas safely with good tune?

I'm up in canada and I think you guys are in cali, tuning may be an issue.
Will the autotune compinsate with a good base map?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
They're in Oregon or how every it's spelled. It's I'm the northwest USA.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
12.5 is too much compression. That 5mm is gonna bump it uP even more. I've had a couple guys at sea level with 93 and 10% ethanol that were having problems with detonation with 11.5 and 5mm

·
Registered
323 Posts
i was told from some AZ buddys that run E85, that it will only work up to 13.5to1'' i run vp110 with a 14.17to1 combo so i wouldnt know if there right about that!! but i do wonder.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The required octane for a motor is dependent on more things than just a piston's static compression ratio

·
Registered
728 Posts
E-85 burns cooler than gasoline, so the cylinder temps are cooler and is a key factor in det onation. I have built a kfx 450 for a guy with a 13.5 to 1 piston on e-85 with no problems. The guy I take my quads to for tuning said he has multiple 450's out there that he's built with 14 to 1 pistons on e-85.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Is it possible to blend E-85 with 93 octane to get a mix somewhere between? If so this would be a good alternative for someone that wants to avoid paying $6-10/gallon for race gas.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Simple answer is NO... mix with standard Race gas 100 or 110 ,, the e85 will change the tuning way too much

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
That is true. The burn/ignition characteristics are probably way different with the E85 aren't they.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts