Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Airbox lid removal (requires rejeting)
Clear tube mod for carbs (I think this is a sticky)
For more top speed you can cut the inductor wheel back to 1/2 or only 2 teeth ( inside clutch cover and for max speed only)
If you want less top speed and more punch off the line put in a smaller front sprocket.

Full exhaust - not so cheap
+more that would be best if you just read

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Hot Cam. Stage 1 works with the factory valve springs. Stage 2&3 require stiffer valve springs.

11:1 high compression piston.

Use a ProDesign K&N ProFlow kit. It allows you to remove the air box lid wich will gain you about 3 hp. You will need #25 pilot jets when you do this.

Port the head.

You can do the piston, and cam for about what you would pay for a new exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
What do you mean by easy?
- No internals of the engine?
- No major work done by a machine shop?
- Free?

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Aside from hacking away at the speed wheel or disabling the parking brake and reverse limiters or making sure the carbs are properly adjusted there is no such thing as a free 660 performance mod that I can think of.

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
As alluded to in your other thread, removing the baffle and opening the airbox, with the proper jetting, can add a very modest amount of performance - a small fraction of what a good aftermarket pipe/exhaust with the same airbox mods and proper jetting will do for you.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Drill holes in the air box lid and box, but you will need to rejet and buy aftermarket needles, and they arent free............

1 - 8 of 8 Posts