Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have seen some of my posts about looking for a fix to loss of shine on the black plastic. So far, nothing has worked. I did a search on the net for some vinyl and carbon fibre look vinyl. Found this joint by my house oddly enough. They have some nice colors that would be great for the black bikes and blue and white. Anyway, I'm going to make a pattern of this stuff to put on my fenders. I think it should look pretty good. Nice thing is, when it gets all hacked up, you just put a new piece on. It's pretty cheap too. I think it will compliment the carbon fibre look tank piece. They also have color vinyl in solid colors. What you think?

http://www.alpena.ca/graphicsfilm.htm

http://www.alpena.ca/graphicsfilm2.htm44

Marcel

·
Registered
644 Posts
Thats looks pretty cool....... but that 2.6 mil is a little thin. I know some graphic kits are 16 mil thick.

If you try it, let us know how it goes!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not too bad, just a bit thinner then a milk bag. The thinner film will mold and bend alot easier. For the fenders that will be handy.

I love the look of the blue/black...just won't look good on my black/orange SE lol.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the same problem that I have tried to find a solution to myself. my SE is literally 2 months old and my black "metallic" plastic looks good except for both sides where my legs rub the body. It has pissed me off enough to start looking for something to cover it, the only thing is, i'm not getting rid of my SE graphics kit because its brand new and the flames are sick looking. Any suggestions? That seems to be the only part on my bike where is is rubbing to a "dull" finish. I'd put stickers on it, but I do wanna keep it looking "clean" instead of patchy haha.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
You could buy clear sheets from N-style or the like.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I put these on my Rappy shortly after I bought it and it started to get messed up. They lasted a little while. At first they just got wore down then they started to come off. So I just took the off. I'd say they lasted about a year. Not bad. I have enough film to make some more but I just have not gotten around to it.

Then:

Now:

·
Registered
59 Posts
looks like i will be doing the same, when the wore, did they turn a different color, like fade away to white?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts