Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that some people are still having trouble relocating their P-brake.
So here's Imo the easiest way to relocate it to good place on the frame.

It should work for all the Raptors, as long as they have a bolt on P-brake lever and a tubular Frame. This is the example for the 700.

All you need is a spare clutch perch.

STEP 1:
Cut off the lever piece of the stock clutch perch, keeping only the P-brake mounting holes.

STEP 2:
Re-route the P-brake cable where it'll be mounted.

STEP 3:
Bolt on the stock clutch perch on the frame. USE LOCKTITE because the bolts are very likely to come loose.

STEP 4: Just mount the P-brake lever on the perch ;)
I used another metal piece for a better lever position.

You no more have to get rid of the P-brake when you rise your bars or extend your swinger ;)

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
I relocated mine to the trash can.....IMO you don't need it anyway.:)

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I allready rode without it and I hate it. I ride mine one road too so I park it in many places, plus most of the places I park mine aren't flat.
I just hate putting a gear on.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I relocated mine to the trash can.....IMO you don't need it anyway.:)
Lol, I did too, now if I park on a hill I just tie the front brake lever to my handlebars with a piece of wire, imo it works better than the pb

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The utility of the P-brake is not the point, some people like me just want to keep it so for thoses ones I figured that this is the easiest and most practical way.

Awesome write up man!
Thanks, hope it helps someone lol :D

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Understood from both point of views on the pb. Ive never really cared for the pb either but it is nice to keep if its your thing. I dont even use my pb in my vehicles lol.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Here's mine if you can see it.

·
Breathe my dust !
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a nice place too, didn't want to put mine here because I was afraid of hitting hit with my boot if I miss a trick.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts