Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMA...tegoryZ43979QQihZ015QQitemZ250043360987QQrdZ1

........that is NOT a prodesign "pro flow" intake!! Looks like a mod squad to me or something worst! The adaptor has square edges (which is not good for flow, its cheap and the k&N is a round design unlike a prodesign!

Prodesign comes with a very smooth bore adaptor plate...really round smooth edges for smooth air flow...also comes with a cone shaped k&N and the outerwears says prodesign on it.

Beware what you bid on out there....may not be bidding on what you think you are! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is a PRODESIGN INTAKE!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow...you know what I just noticed....the Trinity kit looks oddly enough JUST like the prodesign kit...hmmmmm.......?

Obviously they have someone make it for them...but I didnt realize they are basically duplicates....except you can get the prodesign for $99.95-$109.95 and the trinity one is $149.99-$159.99!!!
You compare:

·
Registered
109 Posts
...no where does the add state its a prodesign....

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Raptor700R said:
...no where does the add state its a prodesign....
I thought that the official name of the prodesign kit was "Pro Design Pro Flow".....thats what mine says...and thats what they call them on the internet....thats what prodesign calls them.....
If I was prodesign I would be pissed....using the name of their intake kit. A lot of that going around.....like yamoto and crap

·
Registered
306 Posts
I agree with raptor700r, no were in there did they claim what there not. Granted calling it pro flow is cutting it close, but they didn't lie. Good catch though. The abrupt edges aren't good for airflow.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
to me thats like having some company called ricks exhaust come out with a run of the mill standard header pipe and call it a "powerbomb"........thats too close if you ask me!

When I hear "proflow" I immediately think Prodesign! The price was killer, and couldnt believe it till I looked at the pics! :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts