Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So if you have a PCV, doesn't that adjust fuel:air ratio? Where does an EFI come into play? Or how about Rev box/CDI ignition?
What is a must?
I plan on taking my bike to the shop with parts in hand to get installed together. So I would like to know what parts if any I should order now..

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
So if you have a PCV, doesn't that adjust fuel:air ratio? Where does an EFI come into play? Or how about Rev box/CDI ignition?
What is a must?
I plan on taking my bike to the shop with parts in hand to get installed together. So I would like to know what parts if any I should order now..
Quads EFI system arent the same as the automotive style that incorporates an oxygen sensor to tell the ECM what the oxygen content of the exhaust is so it can deliever enough fuel to the intake air charge to keep a proper A/F ratio.............
Quads ECMs are programed to spray so much fuel at a certain RPM at a certain throttle setting, all decided by someone with lots of time on a dyno programming this into the ECM.............this is keeping it really simple...........

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
You would be better off buying the new MSD controller or the new power commander that controls both the efi and the ignition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts