Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an alba efi controller on my rappy. but it pisses me off and i hate tuning it. Can i switch back to the stock efi by just buying a new efi wire or wat???

thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
There's nothing to purchase. Just disconnect it and the snap the original connector on the injector.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright. thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Kyle whats happening with the EFI ? I have the same set up and I'm wondering what the problem is. You helped me with the EFI mapping and it apppears to be OK. I live in the northeast and have not been able to really take it out for a long ride so what am I in for? Also if the EFi is junk does the PCIII have a map for this system. :3question: :3question: :3question:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the temperature keeps changing here and i keep retuning it but its being a pain in the ass. yesterday i checked my plug after a short ride. and the end was white. its running to lean and hot. atleast if i switch back to the stock EFi it will do all the adjusting by itself, and it will be done right. besides EFI controllers are for people who want access to there EFI and so they could set it up the way they want it to be. i just want my quad to stay running, and by the looks of that plug...well lets just say my motor wouldnt have gone for too much longer. But if you can get yours set up perfect than thats good. but i cant keep doing it. im the kinda guy that just wants to ride and not have too worry about the efi. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
147 Posts
if you have a intake or pipe you need a efi box the stock one will not adjust for it also you need to look inside the plug to see if you have a lite brown smoke ring the end could be white and still running fine I know some shop cut the threads off plugs to see if it has smoke ring this really helps if you do not have a few hours of ride time on plug

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
From what I understand the EFI controller is there to richen your fuel up for added air flow from pipe / intake combos. I thought that once you get it tuned you should be all good. The stock EFI still compensates for temp and altitude, just a fatter fuel mix.

·
VIP AKA Corn Dog
1,855 Posts
Aren't you worried about damaging your motor runing a pipe and intake without EFI? From what I understand, the stock EFI can't compensate for the aftermarket pipes and intake, it's outside the range. I would be real careful about removing it and riding it with the stock one, you think it runs lean now....it will probably get worse. I suggest the Power Commander, they have maps, and they self adjust from what I have been told. More money, but it's cheaper than a rebuild and having to buy one after rebuilding anyway.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok than. but now theres another question. i need someone to tell me the settings there running on there alba efi controller. :help:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Setting 1 - 4.5
2 - 5
3 - 5
4 - 4
5 - 6

This is what i use, Good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts