Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
I haven't been on here much recently because of how busy I've gotten. Anyways, I went riding today and towards the end of my ride I noticed something weird happening. Whenever I would rev around like 4k-4.5k RPM the rev limiter would cut on and my reverse light on the dash would pop up. I slammed the gas a couple times to see if it would go away or anything and yet again the rev limiter went on at a low RPM and the reverse light came on. I then stopped and took the seat off and found that my ground on my speed limiter bypass had come undone. The symptoms for the speed limiter not being grounded don't seem to be like the ones I was experiencing though, right? So I rode it slowly back home and then grounded it again. The problem then began to happen just whenever it wanted. It wasn't constantly throwing my a low rev limiter or reverse light. I'm pretty confused haha any input is better than none.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Hey everyone.
I haven't been on here much recently because of how busy I've gotten. Anyways, I went riding today and towards the end of my ride I noticed something weird happening. Whenever I would rev around like 4k-4.5k RPM the rev limiter would cut on and my reverse light on the dash would pop up. I slammed the gas a couple times to see if it would go away or anything and yet again the rev limiter went on at a low RPM and the reverse light came on. I then stopped and took the seat off and found that my ground on my speed limiter bypass had come undone. The symptoms for the speed limiter not being grounded don't seem to be like the ones I was experiencing though, right? So I rode it slowly back home and then grounded it again. The problem then began to happen just whenever it wanted. It wasn't constantly throwing my a low rev limiter or reverse light. I'm pretty confused haha any input is better than none.
You running duals? If so check the wires that run down and plug in by shifter. They could be shorting causing it to think its in reverse and that's your reverse rev limitor. Idk why else would it'd be doing it.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spider-Lōc;995465 said:
You running duals? If so check the wires that run down and plug in by shifter. They could be shorting causing it to think its in reverse and that's your reverse rev limitor. Idk why else would it'd be doing it.
Good idea! I'll go check that now. Yeah I was really confused when this happened... Thanks Spider!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I just hope I was right and you get her fixed.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay well the wires I checked seemed to be fine... These are fine:

But I think you were talking about this wire right?

it looked good from what I could see but there are like little plastic clamps and the clamp was undone. I don't think that would affect anything but who knows. Any more ideas? :unsure:. Thanks for your help so far.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Unplug the 2 down by shifter put them out make sure they didn't melt behind the pipe. I think one is reverse Light other is neutral light. Make sure all wires going into ecu are making contact I had one come out of the loom once. Unplug those 2 wires down low if it runs without tie them out the way and see what's happens.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhh I gotta take it off the trailer and out of the garage... I'm not riding again until like Friday and I will have some free time wednesday to work on it. That's when I'll check everything in detail. I'll get back to you then. Thanks

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Okay good luck

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I think it's the reverse rev limitor kicking in while going forward :idk: why

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Updates yet? Did you fix it?

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
u could try cleaning the two plugs in the picture ones neautral and the other is reverse. I would really check all the wiring by the exhaust as spider said ive read alot of threads of people having wiring problems after getting barker duals.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Uhh no haven't even had time to take it out and look at anything. I will clean the plugs thanks. I have DMC's and I haven't really heard any problems with DMC's cause they mount up so well... but idk... I'll check over all the wires again hopefully finding the problem and get back to this thread. Thanks guy

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bump... Sitting in the woods with 3g and an iphone hoping someone can help... It wont go above like 4k rpm before the limiter
Kicks on and basically i just cant even ride... If anyone has any ideas it would really make my day... Thanks

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep the same two wires that Spider said to check, and I did. They are kind of tricky connections... Technically they were connected but I'm assuming dirt or some other grime came in between the visible connection. So I had to actually take off the shift lever and crank case guard to get all the access I could get to the wires and then completely take off both connections and clean. Not just a checking process.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts