Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went for a rip down the road just to "till up the dirt" and about 30 seconds in it wont let me give it hardly any gas, when seconds before it would rev up just fine.??? i let cool down, started it up, and no problems, reved right up... i kept revving for about 30-45 seconds and, again, it bogs down... any advice would be hepful, thanks guys.8)

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Check you reverse and park brake rev limiters.................

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i unblugged both of them on the handlebars... you just unplugg them right?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as soon as the video is uploaded to youtube i will post it...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i unblugged both of them on the handlebars... you just unplugg them right?
You cant unplug the reverse rev limiter, you have to ground the green and white wire at the sprocket...........

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
do i ground the green and white wires seperately?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
do i ground the green and white wires seperately?
The green and white wire at the drive sprocket must be grounded, one wire...............green with white tracer...............

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but its weird because after a little bit it will go past the rev limiter...

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
to rich? it was professionaly rejetted this spring havent had any problems all season...

·
Master of the Electron
15,629 Posts
You mention in your video, but not in the post, that you 'just put this switch on'...

Did this problem occur before, or only after, and what, exactly did you do? How long did it sit unused before the switch mod was complete?

This sounds more like fuel delivery than rev limiter to me.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it did this same thing about 1 week ago, it only spudders and stuff once the engine is - warmed up... this morning it was revving fine but at about 20 - 30 seconds into it, it started doing this again..

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And it is also the stock switch from yamaha, I was having problem with the switch previously to the problem.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I believe the problem is solved... Thank you to Willykiller and Quadmaniac... i grounded out the revese rev limiter....

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I believe the problem is solved... Thank you to Willykiller and Quadmaniac... i grounded out the revese rev limiter....
Which is the green and white wire...................:D

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I've got a similar (or the same) problem. My Raptor cuts out when under load, any gear, not consistent. It feels like an electrical problem not a fuel delivery problem. It starts just fine, idles fine, free revs without any issues, then when you put it in gear and ride away it will seem ok until you get on it. I'd say 80-90% of the time it will studder/cut out/bog as if a rev limiter was engaging, but sometimes it runs fine.

I already disabled the parking brake sensor, no change. I plan to ground the reverse sensor next but haven't yet. The reverse light doesn't light up when it hits this mystery limiter though (which I read was a sign of the reverse sensor malfunctioning), so I don't think that will fix the problem either. What else is there that could be causing this besides a bad CDI? Two friends of mine have 05 Raptors that run fine - can I swap their CDIs with my 03 to test it or are those years not interchangeable?

Thanks for any help here.

Yes you can swap cdis, but I think it is a carburetion problem in your case........

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
When was the last time you cleaned the carbs? mine was doing the same thing and i cleaned mine and solved the problem.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts