Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am having some issues with my 2001 Raptor. First off, I had it running well after I made some modifications. The problems began when the battery was drained. I have no clue what caused it to happen but I assume some sort of short is at hand. When I let it sit for a while I can bump start it and it will run for about 2-3 minutes, under power, with no obvious issues. Then it shuts down and won't start back up again. I have not checked the plug but its seems that might be a possibility. Additionally, I am extremely confused by the carboreutor setup on my Raptor. it has ONE main jet. the other carb is identical, however, there is no jet in it at all and no threads to screw a jet in. Could someone have striped it out? It runs besides the new-found electrical problems. Any help with ANY of these issues would be GREATLY appreciated. I want to get my Raptor back on the trail.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
post a pic?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hello,

I am having some issues with my 2001 Raptor. First off, I had it running well after I made some modifications. The problems began when the battery was drained. I have no clue what caused it to happen but I assume some sort of short is at hand. When I let it sit for a while I can bump start it and it will run for about 2-3 minutes, under power, with no obvious issues. Then it shuts down and won't start back up again. I have not checked the plug but its seems that might be a possibility. Additionally, I am extremely confused by the carboreutor setup on my Raptor. it has ONE main jet. the other carb is identical, however, there is no jet in it at all and no threads to screw a jet in. Could someone have striped it out? It runs besides the new-found electrical problems. Any help with ANY of these issues would be GREATLY appreciated. I want to get my Raptor back on the trail.
You must be talking of the choke jet I believe.............
The main jets are in the middle of the carb and the needle of each carb sits practically into it. If one of the mains wasnt there as you suggested, the bike wouldnt run..............

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
The left carb has an extra jet - the choke or starter jet... all else are matched in both carbs (except for size of mains - 140L/145R stock).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh okay, so if I adjusted my starter jet to 155 would that cause issues once it warmed up? I bought Vito's jet kit for it after I had some issues keeping it running after I installed an aftermarket exhaust. It of course comes with GYTR needles, new main jets, those longer idle adjustment screws and a bunch of starter jets..I changed out the starter jet but I guess now I am wondering if that is causing some issues.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Oh okay, so if I adjusted my starter jet to 155 would that cause issues once it warmed up? I bought Vito's jet kit for it after I had some issues keeping it running after I installed an aftermarket exhaust. It of course comes with GYTR needles, new main jets, those longer idle adjustment screws and a bunch of starter jets..I changed out the starter jet but I guess now I am wondering if that is causing some issues.
Put the starter jet back to stock, I believe it is 80...............

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Download the manual and learn where and what things SHOULD be.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay jet/carburetor issues solved. Thanks for all the input from everyone I know searching the forum is the preferred method but I just couldn't find quite what I was looking for.

THANK YOU MAD DOG.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts