Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to decide to send my Raptor to RF to do the 734kit and they dyno tune it and get dialed in there is going to be a problem when I get it back home here in Florida running below sea level?

Do I sound like a jackass?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
No...you dont sound like a Jackass.

My only question is WHY are you sending it clear across the whole damn country to have it dyno tuned. Surely you could utilize RF's 734 map that was made at around sea level and if you still want to tune every last little bit out of it, there has to be a dyno some where closer to you!

If you have RF dyno tune your quad at RF's elevation, then ride it at 10k ft, your quad will still run fine....it will adjust. BUT, it wont be "tuned" to run at that level....and you could be missing out on some power because of it....I kind a doubt it though.

I would say if you are dyno'd at X elevation, then you should be pretty damn close any where in elevation.

Could be wrong....perhaps an expert will see this and have more to say. If you make a perfect map for the quad though with perfect air/fuel ratios across the board..then I would think that you are good to go where ever you ride. the stock computer still adjusts for temp, pressure(elevation), all that stuff. :thumbsup: The only thing left to improve on is what ever the computer is missing when adjusting...and I wouldnt think that is very much...but I could be wrong

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im not saying I would have it sent there just to be dyno tuned. Im saying I would send it there to have the 734kit done. And from what I understand dyno tuning come with the package?

And actually to be honest Ive been calling around to have it dyno tuned and am having no luck, everywhere I call I get the same answer "oh we only have a motorcycle dyno." The guy that installed my pipe,pcIII, and filter kit tuned it pretty well but I want every bit of power I can get for the money I spent. Im pretty sure the guy that did my instal has it tuned to the T considering he build a 660 that runs low 13's to 13 flat in the 1/4 but nothins better then dyno tuning.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
JZ where do you live?

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
JZRaptor700R said:
If I were to decide to send my Raptor to RF to do the 734kit and they dyno tune it and get dialed in there is going to be a problem when I get it back home here in Florida running below sea level?

Do I sound like a jackass?
Boom was dead on........no matter where you tune your bike(Elevation that is) it will automatically compensate for altitude......thats the beauty of fuel injection......ride sea level today and 5000 ft tomorrow and it will run very good as long as it was set up correctly in the first place

Mike

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im located in Venice,Florida.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think Im gunna check out that R&R Performance in Tampa that is the closest to me.

Thanks everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.